Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Money Question

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 57 Replies

New mama here, due in May. I am wondering what you spend on average on your baby a month? I am planning on breast feeding so I wont be buying formula. I am using disposable diapers. Trying to get an idea of how much money we need to budget in for baby. It would be awesome if you were able to kinda seperate it, this much for diapers, this much for that, etc. but not neccessary.

Thanks

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Radellia
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
At the rate my son is going, we're spending about $75 a month in diapers alone
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Diapers can range from 6-12 a day. So depends on what brand you plan to buy. I would also invest in a baby carrier. Either moby, mei tai, bobba, ergo, ring sling. Stay away from bjor or any type of crotch dangler
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radellia
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I have the baby k'tan, it's the same hold as the moby without all the wrapping!

Quoting piwife:

Diapers can range from 6-12 a day. So depends on what brand you plan to buy. I would also invest in a baby carrier. Either moby, mei tai, bobba, ergo, ring sling. Stay away from bjor or any type of crotch dangler
Mommy2CXh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Wish I could help here's a bump we cloth diapered and bf so we spent at most $10 extra a month for detergent.
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Diapers get more expensive as you go up in size. So you might spend 40 in the first month and then 60 by the third month. If you figure about 5-8 diapers a day you should get a good idea of how fast you'll go through them. I always triednto get clothes through online local exchanges or yardsales. We never bought a lot of accessories. Save everything you can.
lulu_tattoos
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
This. But we go through 15-20 diapers a day. And we have been since a couple days after birth, he's 7 weeks now. And we're in size two diapers and still going through that many. So diapers and milk bags, we spend about $95 a month. Plus one-time expenses like clothes and carriers and equipment, and occasional expenses like baby wash maintenance items.

Quoting piwife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeakers2
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Same here. I used sposies with my daughter, but don't remember how much a month we spent. We used sposies for the first month with my son, but it was what ppl had bought us and left overs from the hospital.

Quoting Mommy2CXh:

Wish I could help here's a bump we cloth diapered and bf so we spent at most $10 extra a month for detergent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvhubandbabys
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I use luvs or target brand id say 40 to 50 mo diapers...

Budget extra for doc co pays medicines clothes n toys. I buy most of that stuff second hand tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM
We use Luvs and spend $30 a month (size 3) and we use a pack and a hslf a week in wipes and buy butt cream once a month. Probably $45 a month
jb0520
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Why are crotch danglers bad?

Quoting piwife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)