Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

white tongue

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

DD is 2.5w old and we EBF. I noticed today she has a white film on her tongue. Normal?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PinkButterfly66
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Is this all the time?  It might be thrush.  Do you notice any white patches on her cheeks?

MommyOfTheBest2
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Try wiping the mouth out with a washcloth. If it's not coming clean easily you may want to have her evaluated for thrush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
z0mbiepenguin
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I did that. the majority of it is in the back of her tongue though and i cant reach it

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

Try wiping the mouth out with a washcloth. If it's not coming clean easily you may want to have her evaluated for thrush.

MommyOfTheBest2
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM
If the rest wipes clean with no problems and you and baby are fine then I believe it's probably just a film of milk. I would make it a habit to wipe her mouth out after feedings though to keep it clean and make it easier for you to spot abnormalities.

Quoting z0mbiepenguin:

I did that. the majority of it is in the back of her tongue though and i cant reach it

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
z0mbiepenguin
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM

thanks. [:

thats what im hoping for but I have no idea, I've never dealt w/ thrush before. It doesnt look as bad as the pics i googked earlier so.. maybe it us just milk.

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

If the rest wipes clean with no problems and you and baby are fine then I believe it's probably just a film of milk. I would make it a habit to wipe her mouth out after feedings though to keep it clean and make it easier for you to spot abnormalities.

Quoting z0mbiepenguin:

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)