Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Question for co-sleeping moms

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 27 Replies
My 3 month old co-sleeps with dh and I as well as our 15 month old. Everything works well in our king size bed but each time I nurse my 3 month old while lying down she wakes as soon as I move. When I try to turn over or get out of the bed she is up immediately. I have tried placing a pillow by her to mimic my body but it doesn't work. How do you moms climb out of the bed with waking your co-sleeping LO?
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

DD is 14 months, and I still haven't figured that out!! Haha! 

Momma.x3
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Mine I have to lay with for a good twenty minutes before I can move. Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blessedlife79
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I got one up on ya! I coslept with my DD till she was about 9 months old. She had to nurse to sleep and for naps. Every Time my DD didn't have my nipple in her mouth she would wake up. It was IMPOSSIBLE to move at all. LOL. The pain from being in one position for that long was horrid. But I so miss it now :( The cuddles that is not the pain LOL

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM
6 moms liked this
Very slowly. I have to unlatch and wait, roll to my back and wait, unhook my leg and wait, roll to my other side and swing my feet and wait, sit and wait and then get up. If he gets up I have to start all over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Same and mine is 19 months!

Quoting audmom1218:

DD is 14 months, and I still haven't figured that out!! Haha! 

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Oh mine still does this at 19 months, he'll finish nursing to sleep than i have to wait at least a good 45 minutes before i can even think about removing my nipple from his mouth.

Quoting Blessedlife79:

I got one up on ya! I coslept with my DD till she was about 9 months old. She had to nurse to sleep and for naps. Every Time my DD didn't have my nipple in her mouth she would wake up. It was IMPOSSIBLE to move at all. LOL. The pain from being in one position for that long was horrid. But I so miss it now :( The cuddles that is not the pain LOL

WildatHeart918
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I wait until her breathing changes and she becomes heavy, then I know she is more deeply asleep and she stays that way 75% of the time.

GoodyBrook
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:49 AM

We have a small bed for baby, designed for the middle of our bed.  It has a slight wall around it, giving baby his own space.  It's made by a brand called something like "The First Years" and sold by Target for around $27.  Seriously the BEST baby product ever!

MomOf2Girlies90
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:47 AM

My daughter is 16 months and still wakes up the second I try to get out of bed. It's inconvenient but we live =] 

PadysMomy
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I have my LO cuddle w DH. I'll give him a binky and Daddy will take him and he goes back to sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN