Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I offended a mom today at LLL

She had a 21 mo old and was asking about the safety of taking fenugreek and blessed thistle long-term.   I just said that I think she needs to ask herself if, at 21 months, it's still working for her, or if having a lower supply is OK since he's eating other foods, etc...

Apparently, she took major offence and told our leader she's never coming back and she thought she would be supported here and whatever.   

I feel bad she took offence, but she clearly took what I was trying to say wrong.   I guess I need to remember that some people are really touchy. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Very reasonable question, and i.do think.she overreacted :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM
fenugreek doesnt work longterm anyways lol it does stop working
Analugojana
by Christine on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Fenugreek stops working within a couple of weeks. She had been taking them for 21 months? Expensive pee. Sorry

ali840
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Do you mean maybe she was on her period? If so, that's awful. We don't have enough ignorant men asking that question, now we have to do it to each other?

Quoting mz23:

maybe  she was period.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I agree. I stopped taking domperidone at around 18 months with my adopted baby. I knew that the volume of milk was not as important at that point and she didn't complain when I weaned off (she did whe I tried a few months earlier). 

Quoting Precious333:

mz23
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Quoting ali840:

Um i get super emotional right before i start my so why cant i think it may be another womans ?
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:51 AM

????

Quoting mz23:

Quoting ali840:

Um i get super right before i start my so why cant i think it may be another womans ?

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM

This is what I thought as well.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

I agree. I stopped taking domperidone at around 18 months with my adopted baby. I knew that the volume of milk was not as important at that point and she didn't complain when I weaned off (she did whe I tried a few months earlier). 

Quoting Precious333:

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

fenugreek doesnt work longterm anyways lol it does stop working

Yea, that's what I told her.   She can try to take a break from fenugreek and it may then be more effective... but, at 21 months is it really worth it when he is also getting nutrition from other sources. 

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Quoting Precious333:

That was my thinking... at 21 mo, is it more about the milk or the comfort (since comfort has always been my experience).   BUT, I guess he's had some developmental delays and he's a picky eater... SO, I can understand wanting to make sure he's getting enough milk, but she didn't front with that, so how was I supposed to know?    When she said he was a picky eater I said "oh, okay... so that's what you're concerned about", but by that point she was already offended.   

It really doesn't matter, I'm just not the type to offend people and I wish I could email her, but I can't, so I'm talking it out here.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)