Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Random hives?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 4 month old has broken out with one random hive(?)...looked like ant bite on chin that disappeared within an hour. Today again on leg. Are these hives? Just one at time? Now brief history...took him to ER on Friday and turned out he had flu. He just finished last dose of tamaflu this morning. 

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I'd check in with the doc. Maybe a reaction to the med?

beachlove512
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I've had a hives reaction before and I was covered in itchy red spots. I would think if he's been taking tamiflu for at least a few days that one spot wouldn't just randomly pop up after the last dose. It could just be a bug bite, but of course you could always check with the doctor.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Something different in your diet?
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:08 PM
A lot of times, hives will show up in a response to a virus. It's very common. As long as the spot is not persisting, it sounds like a hive. I wouldn't be worried about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oliver92
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:34 AM

My first ds would break out randomly in different spots, he still does even at 11, nothing in my diet nor change in his ever mattered, and believe me we changed everything to "plain, no chemical, etc" It could just be the virus working itself out though. We used eucerin on him every time and it would clear right up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN