Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I have a question for exclusively pumping mommies

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 7 Replies

how many times a day do you pump? I am going to start pumping again to try to save some milk but im not sure how often i should be pumping to up my suppy. it would be awesome if i could get to exclusively pumping status - it did seem like when i was pumping at the same time everyday in the morning i was getting more milk (3oz) but then we moved and everything got messed up

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Eliots_momma
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I ep bc of issues we were having for about 3 months. I did it every 2-3 hrs.

CatherineA670
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I pump in the morning at 8am, I get about 5oz. I don't express all the time just once a day. What I have been told is you never go without pumping or feeding for more then 6 hours due to your breasts becoming uncomfortable. Hope this helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Every successful EPing mommy I know did 2 hr day 3 hr night until around 6 months I think?  I know your son is older but it's somewhere to start

tresproudmommy
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:24 PM

This is my 2nd time EP.  From birth up until around 6mths I was pumping every 3 to 4 hours, to make sure my supply stayed up.  I was also getting up during the night to pump that way I wasn't going to long in between pumping and didn't have to worry about getting engorged.  Now that my supply is established I only pump about 3 or 4 times per day.  When I wake up, sometimes in the afternoon...I may pump after dinner if I have time and I pump before bed. 

victoriangavin
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Between 2 and 5 times a day
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christababy
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:23 PM
When I EP'ed, it was on a schedule of every 3 hours 20 min per session. Night was 6 hours for sleeping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I pumped every 2 hours during the day and then after he woke up at night (they recommend every 3 hours tho) and it brought my milk in well and i had a major oversupply when we finally got him to breastfeed. I always pumped for at least 20 minutes. There is an exclusively pumping mommies group here on cafemom too if you want to rack their brains. I was a member for a few months
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN