Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else bby do this?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  • 46 Replies

Ahhh, Autumns growth spirts killing me. All she wants to do is sleep amd not nurse. If I try waking her up she will scream. She won't eat unless hold her head and hold her on it even if she pushes away. (Lc said do it) So im biting my nails worried she won't eat. I know I know but shes so skinny. Heres recent pic of her. Im not use to having a skinny baby. I dont like it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I had one of those as well. Do you wear her in a sling? The ring sling pulled way up worked best do us. Lots of skin-to-skin, too. Refresh my memory--how old is she now?
blessedtohave7
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:11 PM
When my baby was born he was very small and skinny I had a LC come out because he wasn't gaining weight...i was
told to wake him every 2 hrs no matter if he was sleeping....some babies want to sleep during a growth spurt or eat...she's very cute
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:11 PM
I have a moby. What would skin to skin do? She is 6 weeks 3 days old.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

I had one of those as well. Do you wear her in a sling? The ring sling pulled way up worked best do us. Lots of skin-to-skin, too. Refresh my memory--how old is she now?

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Even when the baby is not actually nursing, skin-to-skin is helpful. It increases mother's milk supply. It helps to "organize" the baby's behavior so that she learns to feed more easily. Skin-to-skin contact also keeps your baby warm and secure and helps her use all her energy to grow.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting MusherMaggie:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Ill do that as last resort. Skin to skin too hot for me to do

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Even when the baby is not actually nursing, skin-to-skin is helpful. It increases mother's milk supply. It helps to "organize" the baby's behavior so that she learns to feed more easily. Skin-to-skin contact also keeps your baby warm and secure and helps her use all her energy to grow.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting MusherMaggie:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM
So apparently my friend said she was breastfeeding her son and he went through same thing amd that its not a growth spurt, shes not satisfied with my milk and that my milk is not enough...
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I try putting her to breasr, I have to fight with her to eat. Before we had no problem with the paci, now she wants it 24/7 or she will cry. Why is this? She knew the difference between the two. Should I toss the paci?
SadieJames
by Sarah on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Take a bath with her if skin to skin is too hot.  It really is good for her : ). And I would ditch the paci if it affects bf at all.

SadieJames
by Sarah on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:02 PM

The purple is gone though and now we can see her beautiful face! I love looking at pics of her - she's adorable!!  Also, with the moby I would completely take my shirt and bra off.  Once she's wrapped you cant see anything and its cooler

SadieJames
by Sarah on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:03 PM
3 moms liked this

No, just no.  Your friend is making that up.  Moms milk is made special just for Autumn! And she's not had formula right? Or a bottle? She doesn't know how t be dissatisfied.

Quoting mama-smurf:

So apparently my friend said she was breastfeeding her son and he went through same thing amd that its not a growth spurt, shes not satisfied with my milk and that my milk is not enough...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)