Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I think I took too much Vit E :/ I just found out that it's bad for breastfeeding baby

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:40 AM
  • 9 Replies
I didn't know until today I read on the Internet that consuming vit E 400 I.U per day can result in death and very toxic to breastfeeding baby, has anyone experience this? I stop now i hope my baby is ok :/
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Kellymom.com warns against taking "too much" of vitamins A and E but doesn't list the level they're talking about.

* Hoping someone can look this up for accuracy in Hale.

Be careful what you read on Mayo Clinic, drugs.com and WebMD. That stuff is notoriously wrong, as are most doctors and pharmacists who don't get any training in breaatfeeding and just tells moms they can't have the drug or need to wean. Don't panic here until someone verifies this with the right sources...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:53 AM

400iu is not high at all. Was it dl-tocpherol (synthetic) or d-tocopherol (naturally derived)? The natural form is better and safer.  If it contains mixed tocopherol, that is the preferred form.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:01 AM
I don't think it is either! It would shock me if this was anywhere close to a level of concern. I just can't find the backup for this.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

400iu is not high at all.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Can anyone look this up?
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I tried to look it up, but for some reason can't get out of the mobile site and there isn't anywhere to search for it.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Can anyone look this up?
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Vit e is fine. From all I know that dose is fine. I don't have access to my books right now though. I wouldn't worry to be honest. I believe it's hitting 1000+ before concern.
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Yep. No worries. :)

Quoting IrishIz:

Vit e is fine. From all I know that dose is fine. I don't have access to my books right now though. I wouldn't worry to be honest. I believe it's hitting 1000+ before concern.
MamaLady27
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Ohh okay.. whew.. Thank you you guys made me feel better now, thank you. i was freaking out, yeah i read kellymom.com and mayo clinic and webMD. but Thank goodness its nothing to worry about. but i stop taking 400 I.U now.. just to be safe :)

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Kellymom.com warns against taking "too much" of vitamins A and E but doesn't list the level they're talking about.

* Hoping someone can look this up for accuracy in Hale.

Be careful what you read on Mayo Clinic, drugs.com and WebMD. That stuff is notoriously wrong, as are most doctors and pharmacists who don't get any training in breaatfeeding and just tells moms they can't have the drug or need to wean. Don't panic here until someone verifies this with the right sources...

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Quoting Amberleigh81: Yep. No worries. :)
Quoting IrishIz: Vit e is fine. From all I know that dose is fine. I don't have access to my books right now though. I wouldn't worry to be honest. I believe it's hitting 1000+ before concern.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN