Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
Where I lived before breastfeeding was never done after a week because ewwww.

Here when I leave the house its the first question that's brought up. I was out yesterday and the woman asked how long I was going to breastfeeding for and how I shouldn't cut him off until he's 3 yrs. She breastfed all her kids until 3 and one til 5. It was mostly her talking. She went on and on. But that seems so common here. Happens once a week. I'm glad I moved here sometimes. Strangers are more supporting than my family back home who think I'm a pervert.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:03 PM
That's disgusting. I can't believe got mother would ask you that. I would have said yep, it makes it so much better. But I'm a jerk like that.

Quoting Kimbyann:

I haven't talked to my mom in 2 months after she asked if he's involved with our bedroom routine.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

People are so ridiculous! I don't know what I'd do if someone said that to me! :/

Quoting Kimbyann:

I love it here except drugs and smoking are everywhere. Other than that its fabulous.

Back home people are saying I get off on breastfeeding and worse. With what they come up with they're the perverts

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Very nice over there! My stepfather lives in Leominster which is close to there I believe. I'm just south of Boston in Abington. :)

I'm glad you have more support!

Quoting Kimbyann:

Westminster

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

What part of MA? I live in MA too. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ali840
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM
When are people going to learn that breasts are for feeding our babies! Sexy time is just a bonus! I'm sorry you had to deal with that :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I'm in MA too! I live on cape cod! :-)
Yeah, we're pretty breastfeeding friendly around here :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:30 PM
She doesn't get sarcasm and is a rumor spreader. She found my colace and told everyone I was on drugs. Ugh.

Quoting polkaspots:

That's disgusting. I can't believe got mother would ask you that. I would have said yep, it makes it so much better. But I'm a jerk like that.

Quoting Kimbyann:

I haven't talked to my mom in 2 months after she asked if he's involved with our bedroom routine.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

People are so ridiculous! I don't know what I'd do if someone said that to me! :/

Quoting Kimbyann:

I love it here except drugs and smoking are everywhere. Other than that its fabulous.

Back home people are saying I get off on breastfeeding and worse. With what they come up with they're the perverts

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Very nice over there! My stepfather lives in Leominster which is close to there I believe. I'm just south of Boston in Abington. :)

Quoting Kimbyann:

Westminster

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM
You continued speaking to her after that? I don't think I could have.

Quoting Kimbyann:

She doesn't get sarcasm and is a rumor spreader. She found my colace and told everyone I was on drugs. Ugh.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Westminster

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Just because that woman birthed you, doesn't make her a mother, you know. I'm so sorry you had that to contend with.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Me too.

Quoting gdiamante:

Just because that woman birthed you, doesn't make her a mother, you know. I'm so sorry you had that to contend with.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM
What!!!!! That is sick! I would not even speak to someone who said that

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Omg that's horrible!!

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Westminster

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Omg, that's one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard! I'd have her out of my life too! My mom thinks I'm crazy...but not a pervert!

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Westminster

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Mommy2CXh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM
They are great in MA I spent a lot of time in Boston I lived in Rhode Island. I used to nurse Ds on the T and bus. Only one time someone said something to me about NIP was this gentleman who moved away from me. as he was getting ready to get off the bus he apologized to me because he wasn't offended by my nursing but he wanted to make sure ds and I were comfortable not knowing if I was embarrassed or not bc he was sitting there ( I was telling ds no he had to wait tired 2 yo have no patience though lol) he also told me that it was nice to see a young women taking care of her child the way it was ment to be and that I shouldn't listen to people who tell me to stop before he is ready. That gentlemen made my day bc day in and day out I get the oh he's to old cover up bull from family. But people in MA (at least ones i have come across) seem very open minded and don't think nothing of
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)