Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
Where I lived before breastfeeding was never done after a week because ewwww.

Here when I leave the house its the first question that's brought up. I was out yesterday and the woman asked how long I was going to breastfeeding for and how I shouldn't cut him off until he's 3 yrs. She breastfed all her kids until 3 and one til 5. It was mostly her talking. She went on and on. But that seems so common here. Happens once a week. I'm glad I moved here sometimes. Strangers are more supporting than my family back home who think I'm a pervert.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
Proud2BWeird
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Okay, that made me feel physically I'll. Who's the pervert?

Quoting Kimbyann:

I haven't talked to my mom in 2 months after she asked if he's involved with our bedroom routine.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

People are so ridiculous! I don't know what I'd do if someone said that to me! :/

Quoting Kimbyann:

I love it here except drugs and smoking are everywhere. Other than that its fabulous.

Back home people are saying I get off on breastfeeding and worse. With what they come up with they're the perverts

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Very nice over there! My stepfather lives in Leominster which is close to there I believe. I'm just south of Boston in Abington. :)

I'm glad you have more support!

Quoting Kimbyann:

Westminster

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

What part of MA? I live in MA too. :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Because of the way she is I was never able to have friends and she made it so the rest of my family hated me. I had no one but her for most of my life. I rather of had someone that's not great than no one at all. I started working and paid all her bills starting at age 14 and at 18 my now dh made me realize that it wasn't right. She then started going extremely psycho at 19 when I tried to have some independence. I stopped talking to her then. But every month I broke down and called her. Missing having a mom. Or what I wished was a mom.

Quoting polkaspots:

You continued speaking to her after that? I don't think I could have.

Quoting Kimbyann:

She doesn't get sarcasm and is a rumor spreader. She found my colace and told everyone I was on drugs. Ugh.

Quoting polkaspots:

That's disgusting. I can't believe got mother would ask you that. I would have said yep, it makes it so much better. But I'm a jerk like that.

Quoting Kimbyann:

I haven't talked to my mom in 2 months after she asked if he's involved with our bedroom routine.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

People are so ridiculous! I don't know what I'd do if someone said that to me! :/

Quoting Kimbyann:

I love it here except drugs and smoking are everywhere. Other than that its fabulous.

Back home people are saying I get off on breastfeeding and worse. With what they come up with they're the perverts

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Very nice over there! My stepfather lives in Leominster which is close to there I believe. I'm just south of Boston in Abington. :)

Quoting Kimbyann:

Westminster

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:11 AM
4 moms liked this

Kimby, she's merely someone you share biology with. That does NOT make her a mom. I may not have seen it in the thread but sounds to me like there's mental illness going here, and yes, it could be in other members of the family too.

Your family is you, your husband and your children, to start with. Add to it friends who are bound to you by affection and common experience.  Subtract from it anyone who brings you down, no matter how much genetic material you share.

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:24 AM

born and raised in Worcester!!  

it has amazed me the things i have heard from other states!  i have NEVER had any negative issues here in MA!!  we have always been known for being a pretty supportive state!!    (even DH's male friends have been supportive, congratulating and supporting my decision)  not too many older people in the fam aside from DH's 92 yr old aunt who praises me for nursing past 1 week.

Britania
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Yeah, that is true about MA. I live in Plymouth. I hate the politics here, but that is one thing I like. People here tend to be better educated about breastfeeding than in other areas I've been in. We are landlords though and we have a tenant who has been paying NOTHING for 8 months and has totally trashed our place. Hubby went to court on Wednesday and the judge says she can keep living in our house till April 5th... What?! So yeah, the court system here is totally ass backwards. I really needed some reasons to be encouraged about living here. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Omg. I don't know what to say. Your mother?! It's a sad state when women have been so deeply brainwashed by society into believing that breasts are primarily for sex.

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Westminster

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

kbutton24
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I live in MA too :)
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I had a similar experience. My dad left my mom and she made me her "best friend" which included relentless complaining about my father with details about his affairs and the infections he gave her (from the time I was 8 or so). When I wanted to go to a friends she accused me of abandoning her. She started getting mean to me when I started dating. She did buy me and my sister a lot of things and at the time we didn't realize the strings attached. I remember the day when she signed my car title over to me and said "Happy birthday, merry Christmas, my debts to you are paid in full". Now fast forward 20 years and I've got these 4 kids who ever year at Christmas I have to explain to them who she is. She thinks its funny to tease my kids. We see her once at year at my grandma's at Christmas. And she lives about a half hour from me. I think my mom suffers from chronic depression (at least) and since my dad left, she's put up this wall and pushes people away so they can't hurt her first. Everything about her screams "I'm mean so stay away". She's got 2 scary dobermans.

It's sad to me that I don't have a mom that I can call and talk to about pregnancy and babies and marriage. But I firmly believe that an unhealthy relationship is worse than not having a relationship at all. I've had to detach from her so her jabs don't hurt like they did. I haven't disowned her, I haven't burned that bridge. But I don't think my kids need a relationship with her just because she's their grandmother.

Quoting Kimbyann:

Because of the way she is I was never able to have friends and she made it so the rest of my family hated me. I had no one but her for most of my life. I rather of had someone that's not great than no one at all. I started working and paid all her bills starting at age 14 and at 18 my now dh made me realize that it wasn't right. She then started going extremely psycho at 19 when I tried to have some independence. I stopped talking to her then. But every month I broke down and called her. Missing having a mom. Or what I wished was a mom.

Quoting polkaspots:

You continued speaking to her after that? I don't think I could have.

Quoting Kimbyann:

She doesn't get sarcasm and is a rumor spreader. She found my colace and told everyone I was on drugs. Ugh.

Quoting polkaspots:

That's disgusting. I can't believe got mother would ask you that. I would have said yep, it makes it so much better. But I'm a jerk like that.

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Westminster

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I know something is up mentally. And I am aware she's not a mother. We are better off without her and I do know this.

Quoting gdiamante:

Kimby, she's merely someone you share biology with. That does NOT make her a mom. I may not have seen it in the thread but sounds to me like there's mental illness going here, and yes, it could be in other members of the family too.

Your family is you, your husband and your children, to start with. Add to it friends who are bound to you by affection and common experience.  Subtract from it anyone who brings you down, no matter how much genetic material you share.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ABeautifulQadar
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I'm north of Boston :)

pregnancy calendar

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN