Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing manners at 3 months old?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 11 Replies

Does anyone else have a distracted eater? DD is always ulatching and latching back on and i know she's hungry but she just isn't focusing. So i'll stop feeding her since she wants to look around but then she just eats her fist. lol What should i do?

She will be 3 months on the 28th.

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM

What you're doing is great! She might be starting to teethe; fists make wonderful teething objects and gnawing of hands is an early warning sign. Any drool?

redrose_12
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Mine does the same too and she's 3 months today. I just figured she only does this when its not quiet we usually feed at home or in a quiet area but when its loud she won't eat but still hungry and will either wine or suck on her fingers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Kyla on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine will be 3 months on the 28th as well! They have the same birthday :)

Ds is soon this too and I think it's the beginning of teething, with the drool and hand gnawing. But also he's getting distracted by things. Sometimes it helps I I walk around nursing him. He likes the movement and it settles him.
catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:03 PM

It is a distraction stage.. walking around can help, and sometimes leaving for a more quiet less distractable room helps.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

outstandingLove
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Quoting catholicmamamia:

It is a distraction stage.. walking around can help, and sometimes leaving for a more quiet less distractable room helps.

I have a toddler and a disobedient 8yr old who both need constant supervision. :-/

I will have to try the walking around.

outstandingLove
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Quoting gdiamante:

What you're doing is great! She might be starting to teethe; fists make wonderful teething objects and gnawing of hands is an early warning sign. Any drool?

A little. I've heard teething babies usually drool so much that it soaks their shirts. She hasn't had that much drool tho.

LilliansMama27
by Candy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd will be 3 months on the 27th! :) 

She's doing these things as well...hands in her mouth, some drooling and some aversion to nursing (refusing some) during the day. She's not so much distracted, but that could be because my house is pretty quiet most of the time. Is this early for teething or normal?

outstandingLove
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Quoting LilliansMama27:

My dd will be 3 months on the 27th! :) 

She's doing these things as well...hands in her mouth, some drooling and some aversion to nursing (refusing some) during the day. She's not so much distracted, but that could be because my house is pretty quiet most of the time. Is this early for teething or normal?

i dont know. i've heard a lot of babies teeth at 3 months, but ive also heard most babies dont teeth until closer to 6 months.

o0laurie.love0o
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Walking around helped with Emma around that age. Hopefully that helps!

Quoting outstandingLove:

Quoting catholicmamamia:

I have a toddler and a disobedient 8yr old who both need constant supervision. :-/

I will have to try the walking around.

bear.katten
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:23 PM
If its really active around me or there is a movie on I have to use a nursing cover because DS has done the same since he turned 3 months. It does get better where they'll eat until their pretty much full and then they'll get distracted, she just really realized there is a world around her and its soooo interesting!!! Lol I even had to move my box of breast pads because there was a baby on the box and DS would keep talking to the other baby! He is 7 months now and its a lot better!!
Definitely look into a nursing cover (Walmart has them for like $10), it has a loop that goes around your neck so they cant rip it down like they can with a blanket!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)