Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing Pads

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 18 Replies
I was wondering, do you use nursing pads for as long as your nursing/pumping or do most people stop once their supply regulates?? I have been pumping for 10 months now and have worn pads the entire time. I kind of assumed that that's what you're supposed to do for as long as your nursing or pumping. But these things haven't had a drop on them for over 6 months at least!!! So it made me wonder, are they really necessary? I hadn't really put much thought into it until now. Thanks for your help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by Nicki on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I stopped wearing them once I stopped being a constant fountain. I do keep some in the diaper bag just in case though.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:24 PM

If you've stopped leaking, by all means, stop using them. No need for them now.

isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I stopped using them at about 5 months.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Yep what they said, I stopped. using them at 9 months pp when I finally stopped saturating them! I havent used the since and DS is 19 months and still going! :-)

SadieJames
by Sarah on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I can't wait to dump them! As soon as I can stay dry for a week they are GONE sucker!

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I only wear them until I stop leaking randomly.  :)  But I often still wear them at night because of my arms pressing against my boobs or because of positions I sleep in... tends to express a little milk out.

4Seasons-89
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I stopped using them when I stopped leaking but will have to start using them again in the morning for a week or so until my body realizes that my son has started to sleep threw the night. If there is no leaking I see no point. Plus they're expensive so the less I use them the better lol
MyahsMom
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, I'm gonna ditch them then! I hate them! It was feeling like such a waste and quite frankly, a bit of a nuisance! I will be glad to put these things to rest. I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me until now and I'm on my third baby!!! I just always thought I needed them. Thanks for the opinions ladies!
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Nursing pads got tossed as soon as the leaking stopped which was around 4ish months I believe. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:55 AM

yep once the leaking stopped they got ditched. i do keep a few pairs in the diaper bag and one in my purse when im at wk. just in case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)