Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
I was wondering, do you use nursing pads for as long as your nursing/pumping or do most people stop once their supply regulates?? I have been pumping for 10 months now and have worn pads the entire time. I kind of assumed that that's what you're supposed to do for as long as your nursing or pumping. But these things haven't had a drop on them for over 6 months at least!!! So it made me wonder, are they really necessary? I hadn't really put much thought into it until now. Thanks for your help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Replies (11-18):
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I stopped using them when my supply regulated for me around 5 months PP. I'm 6 1/2 months PP now & never get engorged anymore & never leak anymore so I never wear them.

JenB1983
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM
With my last nursling, I leaked constantly until he was about 22 months. I then got to go pad-less until he weaned about 2 1/2.

My current nursling is going to be 3 months tomorrow, and I still go through 2-3 sets of pads a day. Ugh.
KristenandCaleb
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Maybe get a washable set and wear them just in case. No point in buying the disposable if you're not leaking!

Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM
You only need to wear them if you need them. My aunt had a HUGE letdown every time she heard a crying baby. But its better not to suffocate your boobies if possible. I like to air mine out when possible but i still leak a bit. :)
bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM
With DD I wore them the entire time. This time I stopped leaking at 4 weeks so I don't wear them anymore.
mamalusbear
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I stopped wearing them after the first couple of months....after that I didn't leak.

LilliansMama27
by Candy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Ugh I leak so much right now (especially at night). It's gotten better. I was soaking through 2 layers of pads at first (cloth then disposable). Now I can go pretty much all day with one set and change them before bed. Can't wait 'til I can ditch 'em! :)

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Stopped using once I stopped leaking. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)