Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Updare: it was hell giving up the paci but guess what..., shes actually eating much more and has stopped rejecting me!!!

I cut up Autumns pacifier and threw it away. Shes starting to want the pacifier and not eat. Last time she ate for very long time was 7:30am. At 10:30 she ate but wasn long. Just 10 or so minutes. Its 12:30 and she won't eat. How long til she decides to eat and realize shes not getting the paci? Shes a wreck, screaming and crying for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM
So far 3 wet diapers. Ok will do that now.

Quoting gdiamante:

It's OK. Mind the DIAPERS more than her behavior. 

And google "high needs baby." Sounding like you have one here.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM
You're not a horrible mother, pacifiers are never needed and can cause babies to undereat, you did the RIGHT thiing! :-)

Quoting mama-smurf:

I tried but she knows the difference she started crying. She pushed it away and turned her head. I feel like im horrible but he pacis causing problems.

She finally cried herself to sleep

Quoting SadieJames:

Oh mama it's growth spurt time too.  You can offer her the tip of your pinky, nail down at her tongue to calm her down then try nursing- it might help.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM

There's something called a "nursing strike." Google it and read about it. There are tons of references. It can happen for many reasons, but it's not permanent.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Good for you:-) Best to break the habit now. My older two were bottle fed and binkie babies, they didn't give them up until 2.5.

My last is exclusively breastfed. I started a binkie after 6 weeks and at 4 months he didn't want it. He's 18 months and the easiest of my three!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM
It describes Autumn perfectly. She doesn't do hunger cues, her hunger cue is crying and screaming immediately. I have to run to her when she cries and I cant whip it outfast enough and she's in tears to where I have to calm her down. Her suck feels like a vaccuum....not that I would know how that would feel like. Lol

Quoting gdiamante:

Express a little milk on the nipple before you offer it to her. 

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Thanks. As soon as I saw how she was acting with the paci it immediately reminded me off when she was in hospital. Refusing breast and taking paci.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

You're not a horrible mother, pacifiers are never needed and can cause babies to undereat, you did the RIGHT thiing! :-)

Quoting mama-smurf:

I tried but she knows the difference she started crying. She pushed it away and turned her head. I feel like im horrible but he pacis causing problems.

She finally cried herself to sleep

Quoting SadieJames:

Oh mama it's growth spurt time too.  You can offer her the tip of your pinky, nail down at her tongue to calm her down then try nursing- it might help.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Halfway to your total daily count! You need at least six, with two poops amongst them.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting gdiamante:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM
My sons a thumb sucker. He's 5 and still does it once in a while. Hard habit to break. His teeth are crooked from it. My 2 year old didnt take paci or her thumb. Whew.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Good for you:-) Best to break the habit now. My older two were bottle fed and binkie babies, they didn't give them up until 2.5.

My last is exclusively breastfed. I started a binkie after 6 weeks and at 4 months he didn't want it. He's 18 months and the easiest of my three!

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM
She poops every other day or so. I usually get 7 or 8 wet dipes since im usig both breasts and one feeding instead of just one. She just won't poo everyday.

Quoting gdiamante:

Halfway to your total daily count! You need at least six, with two poops amongst them.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting gdiamante:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Oh I hope it doesn't dry me up if she is doing a nursing strike.

Quoting Kathy489:

There's something called a "nursing strike." Google it and read about it. There are tons of references. It can happen for many reasons, but it's not permanent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)