Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Updare: it was hell giving up the paci but guess what..., shes actually eating much more and has stopped rejecting me!!!

I cut up Autumns pacifier and threw it away. Shes starting to want the pacifier and not eat. Last time she ate for very long time was 7:30am. At 10:30 she ate but wasn long. Just 10 or so minutes. Its 12:30 and she won't eat. How long til she decides to eat and realize shes not getting the paci? Shes a wreck, screaming and crying for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Hmmm... kind of a knife-edge situation on frequency of poop. I would try the warm bath, though.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM
When she does poo its blow out diaper and yellow and seedy

Quoting gdiamante:

Hmmm... kind of a knife-edge situation on frequency of poop. I would try the warm bath, though.

Analugojana
by Christine on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Mine slowed down pooping around 4 weeks. I had no idea what was going on and i called my midwives desperate. They calmed me down. At 6 weeks mine pooped ever other day. Her growth was excellent. Make sure you have her weighed and count diapers. Nursing strikes suck but can be overcome. Try different positions as well.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting gdiamante:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I don't know other positions besides cradle and football. I cant lay back because my breast gets all squishy and she will have problem staying attached

Quoting Analugojana:

Mine slowed down pooping around 4 weeks. I had no idea what was going on and i called my midwives desperate. They calmed me down. At 6 weeks mine pooped ever other day. Her growth was excellent. Make sure you have her weighed and count diapers. Nursing strikes suck but can be overcome. Try different positions as well.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting gdiamante:

LilliansMama27
by Candy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Definitely sounds like a growth spurt! My dd did the same thing during that time. It's like I couldn't get to her needs fast enough before she escalated to a screaming, crying meltdown. Very draining, but it's a phase (I'm thinking another is coming soon around 3 months and I'm dreading it!!!). I read up on high-needs babies and it made me think that was my girl until she got out of the phase and she's super pleasant now :)

Analugojana
by Christine on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Side-lying? While walking? Mine respons well to singing. I have an ok voice and she'll wait for my ffinicky let-down if I sing.

LilliansMama27
by Candy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Ohhh yeah! Singing is magical sometimes. My dd stops crying and listens for a bit. Playing some music is calming too!

Quoting Analugojana:

Side-lying? While walking? Mine respons well to singing. I have an ok voice and she'll wait for my ffinicky let-down if I sing.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Idk how to walk and hold her without having to hold my breast because it slides

Quoting Analugojana:

LilliansMama27
by Candy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I have trouble sometimes when I'm nursing my dd in the carrier so I roll up a burp cloth or washcloth and prop it under my breast to lift it up and kinda push it out and into her mouth more. You could try that and see if it works. Good luck! Stick with it! It's stressful, but you'll get through it :)

Quoting mama-smurf:

Idk how to walk and hold her without having to hold my breast because it slides

Quoting Analugojana:

neslonturf
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Mine 2nd slept through the night at 6 weeks without a binky. Should I have not let her sleep and forced her to eat instead?! Your baby will eat when she's hungry. Why would you throw out something that comforts and soothes your baby?! Some kids just like to suck, even when they are not hungry.  My "baby" is almost 4...and he STILL has his binky. I don't care. It soothes him. My oldest is 8...he likes to chew gum when he's stressed. Should I take that away too?! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)