Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Updare: it was hell giving up the paci but guess what..., shes actually eating much more and has stopped rejecting me!!!

I cut up Autumns pacifier and threw it away. Shes starting to want the pacifier and not eat. Last time she ate for very long time was 7:30am. At 10:30 she ate but wasn long. Just 10 or so minutes. Its 12:30 and she won't eat. How long til she decides to eat and realize shes not getting the paci? Shes a wreck, screaming and crying for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Replies (41-50):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats a good idea, would've helped me loads when DS was younger. I might just have to try it when # 2 arrives. :-)

Quoting LilliansMama27:

I have trouble sometimes when I'm nursing my dd in the carrier so I roll up a burp cloth or washcloth and prop it under my breast to lift it up and kinda push it out and into her mouth more. You could try that and see if it works. Good luck! Stick with it! It's stressful, but you'll get through it :)

Quoting mama-smurf:

Idk how to walk and hold her without having to hold my breast because it slides

Quoting Analugojana:

Side-lying? While walking? Mine respons well to singing. I have an ok voice and she'll wait for my ffinicky let-down if I sing.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM

AHHH! That is GREAT!

Quoting mama-smurf:

When she does poo its blow out diaper and yellow and seedy

Quoting gdiamante:

Hmmm... kind of a knife-edge situation on frequency of poop. I would try the warm bath, though.

HisB0107
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I'm just popping in and wanted to give my experience. When my DS cries at the breast, it's usually gas. If not that, he simply wants the other breast. He doesn't have a preference usually, but I just went through trying to get him to nurse for about 20 minutes. Gave him gas drops, rocked him, tried burping him, changed him etc... then I switched to the other breast and boom! lol. 

But with all that said, my DS won't take a paci at all. He's just shy of 4 month right now.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Im dealing with ignorant mom and bf....formula and breastmilk debate. Formula is clos to breastmilk, breastfeeding past 1 is nasty and gross. At 1 Autumn WILL be off breastmilk eatig regular food and om cows milk. Dont need breastmilk, need cows milk forvitamin d milk. Ughhh
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Thats super annoying. Sorry you're having to deal with that....I thought you didnt want to nurse past 1, or is that the reason why? Any matter, no need to bother with her, you have educated yourself on the subject and you know whats best. Fact beats opinion any day of the week. :-)

Quoting mama-smurf:

Im dealing with ignorant mom and bf....formula and breastmilk debate. Formula is clos to breastmilk, breastfeeding past 1 is nasty and gross. At 1 Autumn WILL be off breastmilk eatig regular food and om cows milk. Dont need breastmilk, need cows milk forvitamin d milk. Ughhh

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I dont want to breastfeed past 1 but I dont think its gross or nasty. Why make fun of something you dont unders3. It makes you look ignorant. My stepdads daughter still breastfeeds and her sons almost 2 so its like shes making fun of hee.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Thats super annoying. Sorry you're having to deal with that....I thought you didnt want to nurse past 1, or is that the reason why? Any matter, no need to bother with her, you have educated yourself on the subject and you know whats best. Fact beats opinion any day of the week. :-)

Quoting mama-smurf:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Very true. I agree.

Quoting mama-smurf:

I dont want to breastfeed past 1 but I dont think its gross or nasty. Why make fun of something you dont unders3. It makes you look ignorant. My stepdads daughter still breastfeeds and her sons almost 2 so its like shes making fun of hee.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Quoting mama-smurf:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:04 PM

GREAT update!

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Good to hear she's back to eating! :-)
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Thanks. Shes on first side for 40 minutes and counting...she won't unlatch lol

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Good to hear she's back to eating! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN