Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

So I may be starting all over again...

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:56 AM
  • 8 Replies
So I got an iud after I had my lo and everything has been fine but the other day I got really nauseous like I did with my lo. I was fine and right after I finished eating I had to throw up and then all the sudden I was fine again. And I haven't had an appetite AT ALL like with lo. AND I had strong cramps the other day for what seemed like no reason (maybe implantation). It was stronger than any cramp I've had since having my lo. So what do you ladies think? Am I gonna be expecting #2 here soon or am I just being paranoid? I know it's rare to get prego with an iud but it does happen...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
juniebug11
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I don't know but here's a bump! I thought about getting the IUD but I heard it had a lot of side effects
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aykayoh
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM
The mirena one does. I got the paragard iud which doesn't have any hormones :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ali840
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM
If you are pregnant with an iud, you probably won't be for long. They have to take it out and most of the time that causes a miscarriage. That's one of the reasons I won't get it. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this
We've got a regular on our board who got pregnant w paragard, and had it safely removed. If you are in fact pregnant, and pregnant enough to experience physical symptoms, those same hormones should turn a test positive. At any given moment I feel like I have PMS, am pregnant or hitting menopause, same sort of symptoms darned hormones. Test, and let us know!
sissy852
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM
this

Quoting ali840:

If you are pregnant with an iud, you probably won't be for long. They have to take it out and most of the time that causes a miscarriage. That's one of the reasons I won't get it. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Quoting ali840:

Actually, they often decide to leave it in. You can often go full term with the IUD in place.

Marti123
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I felt pregnant a lot during the first year post-partum, but luckily never was, just hormonal I guess. Take a test!
EmmaGlenn20
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I'm not sure but good luck and here's a bump.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN