Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

help! milk keeps coming out of his nose

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

why is this happening? I dont have an oversupply or overactive letdown, this happens when im standing nursing in my ergo and also the side-lying position (i prop his head up and it still happens) what is going on? could it be caused from him high pallete?

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sissy852
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM
i dont know so here is a bump. My son has this happen sometimes but i oversupply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I'm no help :( sorry here's a bump! Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:44 PM

It only happens with my kids when their heads aren't up high enough, so I am not sure.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM

All those pipes are connected. It's not really a problem. Looks scarier than it really is. 

When he's in kindergartren he'll rediscover that talent and impress his friends.

And ladies... allow a post to age an hour before you bump. Bumping is like slamming the phone down and redialing. **smile**

LucyHourglass
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM

its been causing him to wake up in the middle of the night and he keeps getting a stuffy nose from it :-/ im gonna talk to the LC about it on tuesday

Quoting gdiamante:

All those pipes are connected. It's not really a problem. Looks scarier than it really is. 

When he's in kindergartren he'll rediscover that talent and impress his friends.

And ladies... allow a post to age an hour before you bump. Bumping is like slamming the phone down and redialing. **smile**

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:00 PM

How well are you burping him at night? You may need to elevate his head to keep it from happening.

LucyHourglass
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:41 PM

i do elevate his head :-/ it still happens... in th middle of the night he never burps

Quoting gdiamante:

How well are you burping him at night? You may need to elevate his head to keep it from happening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN