Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

will i ever get to take this bra off?!

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 36 Replies
I hate wearing a bra to bed but obviously I can't take it off cause I need those boobie pads so I don't leak everywhere. I want so bad to take it off cause I feel so uncomfortable from leaving it on since baby was born on the 7th. Anyone know of any tips on being more comfortable at bedtime? Also, will my breasts be this leaky the whole time I'm breastfeeding? Sorry I'm kind of a newbie lol...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicMommy_72
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM
A loose sports bra? I had the same prob when I had my lil ones, I ended up using clean new wash cloths, lol
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Ah, ten days old? You've got a while, probably.  Count on six weeks. For me, four months. But I wear a bra to bed normally anyway.

And that also settles the baby focusing issue from your other post. Yeah, it's early. Give her time.

NowImAMom...
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:46 PM

The length of time leaking is different for everyone. I'd like to stop leaking but I don't think I ever will. My son is 10.5 months old and I can't go without boobie pads. I'm not sure what the average is.

Also, do you just wear nursing bras? Nursing tanks are really comfy I think. That's mostly what I wear. Sometimes, I can't wait to wear a nice supportive underwire, and sometimes I don't want to wear anything. *sigh* Someday. lol

nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Lexi is 8 weeks and I still leak at night. I'd make a mess if I didnt wear a bra with pads.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I would just go bra-less and lie on a towel. You will most likely stop leaking when yoour supply regulates to baby's needs, usually by 8 weeks, more for some. (I leaked for 9 months but had a massive oversupply ;-(...very rare to leak that long.)
annhart19
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Lay on a towel then u can take it off and not worry about leaking on the bed. I did that for a while when we were cosleeping and dealing without up issue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I still leak at 7 mths.

I wear nursing tanks instead of bras.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I wear the nursing sleep bras from Motherhood Maternity. They are great because they keep the pads mostly in and are pretty comfortable.
I think I was about 4 months of nursing before my supply regulated and I didn't have to wear pads to bed anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lcherniske
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM
This. Or a looser sports bra or tank with built in bra. It does get better.

Quoting annhart19:

Lay on a towel then u can take it off and not worry about leaking on the bed. I did that for a while when we were cosleeping and dealing without up issue

JMmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Boy am I glad you said this, lol. I was just thinking, "I just take my bra off and lay on a towel. Have I been doing something super gross", lol.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

I would just go bra-less and lie on a towel. You will most likely stop leaking when yoour supply regulates to baby's needs, usually by 8 weeks, more for some. (I leaked for 9 months but had a massive oversupply ;-(...very rare to leak that long.)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN