Why I can't go & hang out with the other moms....
Besides their crotch dangling baby carriers (ugh), which were bad enough, when I wasn't playing with DS (um 15 minutes maybe? - none of the other moms were playing with their kids), the following bad advice came up:
- give cereal at 4 months - it's okay
- bfing moms giving bottles because they don't want to sit & nurse
- bfing moms giving babies 6 oz bottles (6 month old)
- one mom told another its okay to mix fomula & bm in a bottle
- a discussion about oversupply & how the mom just couldn't deal so she quit
- how they pump so their husband can give a bottle & 'bond' with the baby
I did meet one mom who is nursing her 3 year old & we ended up chatting for a bit while we helped our two kids play.
I added in my comments at the beginning, then gave up because the moms just listened to the advice they wanted to hear.