'Breastfeeding Myths Debunked' Day 7: Never wake a sleeping baby-BONUS Day- WIN a CafeMom Tote Bag
Today's myth we are debunking is never wake a sleeping baby.
While this myth is partially true-it's not entirely true. Newborns often do not wake themselves when hungry and sometimes they eat for a few seconds and fall right to sleep. Newborn babies should eat at least 8 times a day and sometimes, you need to wake them to feed them.
There are various reasons for newborns not to wake-pain drugs given to moms during labor/delivery, jaundice, trauma, pacifiers, etc.
Did your nursling need woken up after birth to eat? Do you know of any other reasons why babies should be woken to eat?
One mom who replies to this post will WIN a CafeMom Tote Bag
- The Breastfeeding Moms giveaway starts 3/19/2013 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 3/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
- Enter by replying to this post with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Tote Bag
- The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/7/2013.
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
- Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.