Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
A group on facebook posted a question about breastfeeding. The question was how old is too old to nurse? Some of the replies were horrible! I took screenshots they will be in the replies. What do you ladies think about this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
stacy2607
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Heres my answer... unitl mom and baby are ready to wean.. my.baby girl Aubrey will be 13 months old and still loves her boobie milk..i plan on nursing her until she decides shes done!! i nurse her in public without a cover and if others dont like it, tough shit!!! I dare someone to say something to me!!!!!
aniters
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Wohoo! Lol :) good for you mama!
I breastfeed my 15 month old son in public and have never gotten negative comments but i have gotten dirty looks.

Quoting stacy2607:

Heres my answer... unitl mom and baby are ready to wean.. my.baby girl Aubrey will be 13 months old and still loves her boobie milk..i plan on nursing her until she decides shes done!! i nurse her in public without a cover and if others dont like it, tough shit!!! I dare someone to say something to me!!!!!

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM
My dd just turned 21 months yesterday and she is still bf 3-4 times a day and whenever she wants at night. She doesn't bf when we're out, since there is so much other stuff to see and do. We will probably go until she is out of the nursery at our church at 3, or she self weans.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Dumb-dumbs!
stacy2607
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you..i have never used a cover..i have had only one comment in all the time i have been breastfeeding..DH and i were out to eat and Aubrey got hungry..i started nursing her and i caught a guy staring a few times with a look on his face..i finally asked "is there a problem" he said "cant you use a cover or do that in the bathroom?" I said "can you eat in the bathroom or cover your face while you eat, you disgust me!!" And he shut up and stopped staring.. i had one woman after that come up to me and say "good For you!!" :)

Quoting aniters:

I breastfeed my 15 month old son in public and have never gotten negative comments but i have gotten dirty looks.

Quoting stacy2607:

aniters
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh my god! Lol! That shut him up haha.
Ive gotten a positive comment from a young man one day. We were at a Target store and Xander got hungry so i sat in a chair and started nursing him. A few minutes later a guy maybe in his early 20s comes up to me and asks if im breastfeeding. I said yes and he said "youre doing an awesome job and giving your baby the best! I wish my mom would have breastfed me. Maybe then i wouldnt be so skinny" lol

Quoting stacy2607:

Thank you..i have never used a cover..i have had only one comment in all the time i have been breastfeeding..DH and i were out to eat and Aubrey got hungry..i started nursing her and i caught a guy staring a few times with a look on his face..i finally asked "is there a problem" he said "cant you use a cover or do that in the bathroom?" I said "can you eat in the bathroom or cover your face while you eat, you disgust me!!" And he shut up and stopped staring.. i had one woman after that come up to me and say "good For you!!" :)

Quoting aniters:

Quoting stacy2607:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this
My answer... A child is too old to nurse when he can no longer latch properly due to the changes from his adult teeth coming in. My son is 5 and nurses a couple times a week. The immune system isn't fully developed until about the same time that the milk teeth fall out. There is a reason why these happen at the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Same, still BF my 19 month old in public, no comments, but some nasty glares. As my mom used to say "Tough TITTY said the kitty!" I trust DS to know when he needs it and so he gets it and will until he self-weans.

Quoting aniters:

Quoting stacy2607:

stacy2607
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Yeah, i dont take crap from people like that!!

Quoting aniters:

Quoting stacy2607:

Mitzi31
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL OMG! Perverted?? These people are so ignorant. I think if you were to get statistics I bet that most perverted people were formula fed. We hear about a lot of nasty people out there right now and they are anywhere from 50 and under and that was when they started pushing formula and docs were telling mothrs that formula was better for babies. BFing ir normal it's what's supposed to happen. That's why we have boobies and make milk. People never cease to amaze me!

And babies preferring formula?? That is soo not true! If you BF and also give formula the baby can prefer a bottle but that doesn't mean they prefer formula! Some babies have a bad latch also but you get help and then everything is fine. lol I;m just appauled!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)