Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

NIP--what happened to me yesterday.

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 44 Replies
33 moms liked this
DS and i were shopping yesterday and as i was leaving the craft store he was hungry. I set on the bench in the front and started feeding him.

Several people passed, most with smiles, 2 young men avoided eye contact all together. Finally a woman, maybe early 50's came along and asked if she could sit next to me. I said sure.

She was very nice and said i looked lonely (i was shopping alone) and told me how great it was to see that "some mothers still breast feed" and that those mothers had "lucky babies". She also told me how ashamed she was made to feel for feeding her kids when they were small that she rarely left home when they were young.

When Ry was done we said goodbye and ill probably never see this woman again but ill always remember how nice she was to a total stranger.

Wow!! This got featured. That is awesome. Yay for a good NIP experience and for all those milky babies :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM
That's great! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissSarah04
by Sarah on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:46 AM
That's such a sweet story. =). What a nice woman.
Eliots_momma
by Jessica on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this
There are some amazing ppl in the world that make up for all the assholes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilliansMama27
by Candy on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Wish there were more people like that in the world :) Sweet story...TFS!

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Awww poor woman!
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I love the NIP stories like this! :)

Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Thats awesome!
KristenandCaleb
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM

How sweet! Apparently in my Grandmother's generation, women were shunned for breastfeeding because it was perverse. Such a shame. Good for you mama, I will be NIP this weekend and I'm a bit nervous, because my milk literally sprays! I hope I don't soak an innocent bystander : P

Emeraldmama7
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:39 AM

That is really awesome!  It's stories like that that make me want to quit being shy and speak my mind when I see things that deserve a pat on the back.   I know that even though you may not have needed her confirmation, it was really nice to be complimented on something so awesome and yet "taboo". 

Good for her and for you!!!

B1Bomber
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I was nursing at a mall the other day and a woman walked by with her daughter (maybe 4 ish?) and smiled, then turned around and came back and said, "I remember those days. I miss those days...no, actually, I like having my small boobs back." I cracked up :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)