Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

kinda p*ssed me off...

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
My cousin and i were having a conversation. She said Aiden was skinny what do i feed him. I told her mostly breast milk because he hasn't wanted anything to do with solids since he's been sick (2 colds over 3 week span). She said... i think you need to only offer him solids during the day because if he won't eat solids how will you wean him by a year... really pissed me off! So i told her i had to go. I just shared 2 kellymom pages on my facebook page. The first was the breastfeeding past a year fact sheet and the other was solids and the breastfed baby where it clearly states solids are not needed for a year and breast milk should be the main nutrition throughout the first year. So now my cousin, MIL, FIL, husband, and all of my friends will see it and maybe they'll stop hassling me about all of this. Though i have to say hubby is pretty good about letting me do whatever i think is best for the kids and not questioning me :) love that man.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I hear ya momma. If anyone asks again what you are feeding your baby just tell them it's none of their business. My hubby is the same way, thank god! I don't know what I would do if he were the opposite. Good luck :)

parentalrights1
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Facts don't help. I tried that. I was literally given the "well it's just researchers saying thy and how can we know science and research is all accurate?

So I guess it's better to go with what. Bunch of perverts think of breastfeeding instead
cheffiecms
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I hate that everyone thinks babies should only nurse for a year. Just do what you know is best for your baby and try and just shrug it off whenever anyone says otherwise. I know it's hard sometimes. 

AtiFreeFalls
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
3 moms liked this

"How are you going to wean by a year?"  "Er... I'm not" lol.  My son is 2 1/2, still nursing.  My daughter was 25 months when we weaned (mostly because I was hugely pregnant with my son and it was getting really painful).  I CANNOT imagine making a 1 year old baby wean.  After having nursed toddlers I just can't understand what the rush is.  They are still babies at 1.  Both of my kids still NEEDED to nurse after they turned one.  It was still a huge part of their lives.  It seemed normal to me, before I had kids, to wean by a year, but now... I just look at my kids and think "Who would want to fight with a baby about weaning?" 

Plus, what mother doesn't want a sure fire way to get her kid to nap?  My son still, every time he needs a nap, screams and screams if he doesn't nurse, but goes down peacefully without a fight if he nurses.  Bam.  Problem solved.

Mrs.Brugger
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:54 AM

the ignorance of some people really astounds me.

turttlemom
by Nayelli on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM

You are so lucky!!... I don't really post a lot about breastfeeding on my facebook page, because I hate people telling me I'm obsess about breastfeeding... I do share things with people I think would need and or appreciate them, like LLL events or some facts. 

My SO is very supportive, but sometimes he is like, well they have more experience than you, they probably know better... that irk me, because I do a lot of research before I say something.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM
That would piss me off too. I share BFing info on FB all the time, I rarely get comments or anything, but everyone on my FB knows Im "obsessed" with breastfeeding and they better not give me any unwarranted advice or I'd fly off the handle!
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Strange thing is most of my friends on Facebook don't even know i breastfeed. They're in for a shocker.... especially by brother lol

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

That would piss me off too. I share BFing info on FB all the time, I rarely get comments or anything, but everyone on my FB knows Im "obsessed" with breastfeeding and they better not give me any unwarranted advice or I'd fly off the handle!

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:05 PM

My favorite is when I show evidence based research to prove a point and people say, "Oh those research studies find whatever they're paid to find out." People have no clue.

Quoting parentalrights1:

Facts don't help. I tried that. I was literally given the "well it's just researchers saying thy and how can we know science and research is all accurate?

So I guess it's better to go with what. Bunch of perverts think of breastfeeding instead

AtiFreeFalls
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

And... how are breastmilk manufacturers paying for them to find how awesome breastmilk is?  Oh wait... no one benefits from selling breastmilk because it's FREE lol.  So there goes that theory :p

Quoting stepconfused182:

My favorite is when I show evidence based research to prove a point and people say, "Oh those research studies find whatever they're paid to find out." People have no clue.

Quoting parentalrights1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)