Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Moringa to increase supply?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

I've recently heard that Morninga Oleifera is a galactagogue, but I don't personally know of anyone who's taken it to increase breastmilk supply.

Does anyone have first-hand info to report?  I'm super curious about this...

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Never heard of it before now. I see no reason it cannot be taken. You're probably going to have to be the beta tester.

Sama2Mamma
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM
My local cding store carries it. Its way to expensive for me. I just use fenugreek. Its cheap, works, and silly or not i like the way i smell lol. Like maple syrup hehe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

Never heard of it before now. I see no reason it cannot be taken. You're probably going to have to be the beta tester.

I was hoping NOT to be on the front lines!    :)    

I have an appointment with the naturopath this coming Monday, so I'll get her opinion on it first...

scarsmum
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:54 PM

i dont have a firsthand report but if you search it on the babycentre website there are lots of stories of it.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I'm seeing lots of stories too, but I can never be sure what's real and what's just marketing dross.

Goody, thing with galactagogues is that most of the time they're not needed at all. What I'm reading about this stuff is that it's really for malnourished populations. That's a rare problem here, and you may only see a lighter wallet.

What's going on that you feel you need a boost?

GoodyBrook
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Quoting gdiamante:

I'm seeing lots of stories too, but I can never be sure what's real and what's just marketing dross.

Goody, thing with galactagogues is that most of the time they're not needed at all. What I'm reading about this stuff is that it's really for malnourished populations. That's a rare problem here, and you may only see a lighter wallet.

What's going on that you feel you need a boost?

I know!  I've never seen a supplement so slyly marketed!

I've been looking into Moringa as a general health aid.  The only reason I haven't jumped on it as a general supplement is that it is said to increase milk production--and I'm fine on that front!  (DS is 9 weeks and thriving).

But if it DOESN'T really work to increase milk production, I'd be inclined to give it a try....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN