Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

not eating.. ok realy help!

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

first time she sleeped from 11pm -2am butafter that until about 3pm she was at the breast non stop. she did sleep hear and there. Then she has ate twice since then and just now i pulled 2oz from on side and she more or less played with the other. She is so unlike my boys i dont know if this is normal. she will be tw monhs on the 29th. she also has been awak for the last two hours sorry she is in my arms and keybord is stcking

ok she took a nap and is now acting hungry but i offer the boob she will put her mouth on it then scream and move her head away from iy. its been 20 minuets and she stillwont latch. i put her to my shoulder and tryed to get a burp thinkig mabie i missed one earlyer. i would think let down but the nipple hasnt gotten wet yet. this is a vary first

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:47 PM

OK, so on the breast from 2AM- 3PM, for 13 hours?

And she took a break?  

All sounds good.

Remember, the normal you worry about is the dipe count. How are you doing there? As far as this baby is concerned, you've NEVER had another child ever.

speidelboys
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:53 PM

i had a soppy wet one before we to the tore one when wegot home one after dinner and no nothing...last two hours. She fel sleep about 10 min ago..

Quoting gdiamante:

OK, so on the breast from 2AM- 3PM, for 13 hours?

And she took a break?  

All sounds good.

Remember, the normal you worry about is the dipe count. How are you doing there? As far as this baby is concerned, you've NEVER had another child ever.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Dipes are a 24 hour count. You want six in 24 hours.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Less then 6 is ok if they're really soppy wet though, right? Is it just a few spoonfuls of liquid that counts as one?

Quoting gdiamante:

speidelboys
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:29 AM

if the whole diper is completly full i count it as two but i try to change them as soon as i know they are wet, i know i count poopy as two..

Quoting Zazayam:

Less then 6 is ok if they're really soppy wet though, right? Is it just a few spoonfuls of liquid that counts as one?

Quoting gdiamante:

Zazayam
by Nicki on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:57 AM

Try a few different positions?

Laying down on my side was pretty much the only way I could get this LO to nurse from the time she was almost 2mo's to almost 3mo's.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:01 AM

I need a 24 hour dipe count. At this moment, considering you say she nursed for 13 hours straight, I'm not at all concerned.

The very wet is at least two dipes. Possibly 3 or even 4!. And the needed count is lower at the two month point; 5 will be plenty. 4 TB water = one wet. 

Remember, count everything in her life over 24 hours. From your own account, she nursed continually for more than half a day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)