Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!! Colicky baby!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:30 AM
  • 21 Replies
New to this group. I've tried rocking, colic/gas drops and he's still screaming bloody murder :( any other suggestions??? Please help me :(((((
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prettymommylove
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:38 AM

how old is he? breastfeeding? swaddling while burping almost constantly helped my colicky baby.

Lindseybt
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:52 AM
One month yesterday. Strictly breast feeding. I've been rocking him on his tummy and patting his back for several hours now. He'll calm down then all of a sudden for no apparent reason scream out in pain and cry for a few minutes then calm down. this is my first colicky baby :(
prettymommylove
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:31 AM
1 mom liked this

breastfeeding while burping and swaddled. also sleeping in a bouncer might help if you can have it vibrate, or even I learned to bounce with my feet constantly while doing things holding him and bouncing gently might help, if you can have dad help with the bouncing and rocking,

kelmia2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Warm baths seemed to help mine and not lying down flat- sleeping on her side,burping, and other then that it normally gets better around three months!!

moroccanmommy
by Robin on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Swaddle baby.....then Put baby in your arm on its side. Make a shhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound in baby ear and sway. Let me see if i can find video
lilyrose2011
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Flip baby on to there stomach and have them cradled in your arms still on the belly and rock back and forth. Of you find the right spot you might help relieve some gas pressure from the belly
lilyrose2011
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Or lay him on your stomach while your sitting up and get him in a kind of squatting position and hold his back and bounce up and down on your belly, sometimes when I do that my lil girl lets out a bunch of farts and feels better
MommyO2-6631
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:55 AM
This.... it's known as the "colic hold" and can help relieve the gas. Also try the 5 s's. Swaddle, side/stomach lying, shushing, swinging, i think the other is singing.

Quoting lilyrose2011:

Flip baby on to there stomach and have them cradled in your arms still on the belly and rock back and forth. Of you find the right spot you might help relieve some gas pressure from the belly

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Do you have forceful letdown? Do you ever spray milk? Does baby ever choke, gulp, or sputter milk while nursing? What does baby's poop look like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindseybt
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I do have a forceful let down yes. I spray when I'm full and need to nurse yes. Yes he chokes AND gulps! Poop is mustardy looking.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Do you have forceful letdown? Do you ever spray milk? Does baby ever choke, gulp, or sputter milk while nursing? What does baby's poop look like?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)