Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help, no poop for 3 DAYS!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 23 Replies
The last time ds pooped was Tuesday morning. He's breastfed and 6.5 weeks old. He's had plenty of wet diapers 7-10 a day but no full poop. He will have little poop like maybe half a teaspoon or something?

Is this OK? What's could be causing it? I haven't had as much fruit recently but that's really all that's changed. Its starting to worry me but he's still acting normal and happy. He burps and farts no problem just nothing really in the diaper. He has gone 24 hrs before without pooping last week but then he had a massive explosion the next day.

Let me know what you smart ladies think, ill be calling the dr when they open. They're very pro-bf. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
try4baby20
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
A week can b normal w no poop if he's nOT acting constipated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this

normal for exclusively breastfed babies to have little to no poop for even a week, sometimes two. Breastmilk is so perfect for babies there's such little waste, therefore no need for baby to poop!

Mrs.Brugger
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

(As long as he's not acting constipated or having HARD poops)

trendy2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Normal. Mine has gone as long as 16 days.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

If you started having explosions, you've moved past the daily poop stage. Not a worry.

JenB1983
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
It's normal for my DD to go 3-5 days between poops, but then when she does.....WATCH OUT. Lol. And it started around 6 weeks I think,
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this
All normal. Just be ready for the pooplosion!
SadieJames
by Sarah on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Like the other ladies said, normal but BE READY! When he does poop you'll be shocked how much he stored up for you : )

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
By the time each of my 4 babies hit 9 weeks, they were pooping once every 3-10 days. And when it hit, it hit. Expect to drag out the carpet steamer and a change of clothes for baby and mama.
beachlove512
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Normal. I will warn you though, once baby does poop, stand back! lol DS once went 11 days without pooping! Just our luck, he finally pooped while we were on a road trip. We stopped at a gas station to change him and OMG it was everywhere!! All over his back, clothes, just all over. All DH and I could do was laugh while cleaning him up. Another time he went a week w/o pooping and I ended up washing him off in the tub. Great times lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)