Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
The last time ds pooped was Tuesday morning. He's breastfed and 6.5 weeks old. He's had plenty of wet diapers 7-10 a day but no full poop. He will have little poop like maybe half a teaspoon or something?

Is this OK? What's could be causing it? I haven't had as much fruit recently but that's really all that's changed. Its starting to worry me but he's still acting normal and happy. He burps and farts no problem just nothing really in the diaper. He has gone 24 hrs before without pooping last week but then he had a massive explosion the next day.

Let me know what you smart ladies think, ill be calling the dr when they open. They're very pro-bf. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Replies (21-23):
TTC2Long
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Yuck! Ds1 has done that. We used a huge stack of wipes - it didn't help that we were in the grass in a park. There was a fountain nearby. I very seriously considered washing him in it. LOL

Quoting beachlove512:

lol Just when you think everything is going alright they throw you a curve ball haha. I've had DS stick his hand in poo mid diaper change...yuck. I make sure to keep hand santizing wipes under the changing table. 

Quoting TTC2Long:

You are SO right! We had to cut my first Mother's Day short because of a super duper pooper. The diaper contained it - it was all the kicking and squirming that made the horrible, awful mess!

Quoting beachlove512:

I've learned that babies love to "save it up" for occasions like road trips and outings lol so watch out! Be sure to bring a couple of plastic bags to put the dirty diaper and wipes in. Bring some sanitizing wipes too.

Quoting Momma2013:

Thats my fear. Were going on a road trip this weekend. Only for a couple days so hoping he poops at home. Ill be taking tons of wipes and clothes :)

Quoting beachlove512:

Normal. I will warn you though, once baby does poop, stand back! lol DS once went 11 days without pooping! Just our luck, he finally pooped while we were on a road trip. We stopped at a gas station to change him and OMG it was everywhere!! All over his back, clothes, just all over. All DH and I could do was laugh while cleaning him up. Another time he went a week w/o pooping and I ended up washing him off in the tub. Great times lol.

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:29 PM
As they said, normal and wait for it!! It's going to be bad!!
1sttimemama0531
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Totally normal. My DD stopped having daily BMs at 5 weeks. I freaked out too - until I found out it was normal :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)