Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Night feedings...

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 9 Replies
My DD is 7 months 1 week. Lately she is up every 2-3 hours every night. I'm exhausted. What is up? She had RSV several weeks ago and I was letting her sleep with me but she was doing this before then. Have i spoiled her by nursing her every time she wakes. She will not fall asleep in her crib at night. My other two went to bed no problem. She is wearing me out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
austinsmama1106
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM
My older dd woke up 2-3 Times a night until she was 18 months. She also always nursed to sleep.
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

7 months is a big time for nightwaking... either from teething, growing or separation anxiety.   It's pretty normal.

Are you co-sleeping?   Definitely keep co-sleeping and don't watch the clock or count wake ups.   She'll calm back down... my daughter just started sleeping better again and she's almost 9 months. 

trendy2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM
So I have two more months of repetitive night wakings?
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Or longer, or shorter.... all kids are different.   My LO is still waking 2-3 times a night, but that's normal in my book.    I don't expect them to really start sleeping through until about age 2 or so.

I find when my expectations are realistic, it's much easier to deal with.   Constantly being in a state of waiting for them to sleep better is just that much more exhausting!  

trendy2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Good point.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Or longer, or shorter.... all kids are different.   My LO is still waking 2-3 times a night, but that's normal in my book.    I don't expect them to really start sleeping through until about age 2 or so.

I find when my expectations are realistic, it's much easier to deal with.   Constantly being in a state of waiting for them to sleep better is just that much more exhausting!  

kbutton24
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
At 7 months my dd was up every 2 hours or so. She's 8 months now and wakes 1-2 times a night. It gets better! Then worse.. Then better again! :)
trendy2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM
For the longest time (months) she went to bed between 8-9 and then up at 2-3 and back to bed until 7. I have 3 other children. I'm exhausted. Some days I feel like I am doing this nursing thing all wrong.
mollysmom328
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine was up every 2-3 hours until she was 18 months lol  It can definitely take a lot longer.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM
The more frequent waking and nursing is completely normal. It could be due to a growth spurt, teething, new milestones, separation anxiety, or many other things. It will calm down when she's ready for it to calm down. You're doing the easiest thing to deal with it by bed sharing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)