Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby using me as a pacifier **pic

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
She falls asleep and then uses me a pacifier. She Will not take a real paci and as much as i absolutely love laying and snuggling her i have things i have to dowhile she's sleeping! If I unlatch her she wakes up. She always nursing to sleep so She has to be in am very deep sleep to not wake up but that's usually only at night she's just not a good sleeper.

I have bought literally every kind of pacifier, I don't know what to do.

The pic is just cause she's cute ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jb0520
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM

twogirl91
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM

My oldest son would rather suck on me than a pacifier, but I was actually able to get him to take one until he was 6months old and then he just stopped. My youngest barely ever took one and at 2 months completely stopped. I tried every one I possibily could and never found one that worked for him. 

YzmaRocks
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM
None of my three ever took one. I recommend a baby carrier if you want to get anything done :)
OBImomma
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM
My oldest and my youngest were like that. I strapped my oldest to me in a baby carrier and away we went. I did things I needed to do and he slept.
My baby is 6 months. She pretty much cat naps. She might, might sleep 20 minutes if I lay her down. So I try to get things done while she's playing on the floor so I can lay with her in the afternoons while she sleeps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jacsmama022
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM
DD was the same way. Never took one. It wasn't until she was about 6 mos that I was able to wait for her to fall alseep and very, very gently ease up away from her. If I knew I would need to get up we would nurse laying down so when she was asleep I wouldn't have to move her much.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

None of my three ever took one. I recommend a baby carrier if you want to get anything done :)

ali840
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
She is super cute, what an angel!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Kyla on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, YOU are the real paci. The plastic one is a mom replacement.
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM
My youngest was like that until she found her thumb :)
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Babies don't use us as pacifiers. Pacifiers are mom replacement devices. Babies have a biological need to suck constantly and that need is supposed to be met at the breast. They also have a natural instinct to want to always be close to their mothers.
How old is she? If you MUST get things done, a sling or wrap would be helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma2013
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Is there a sleep friendly way to nurse in one? I have the baby ktan and all the positions are for baby to support their own head.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Babies don't use us as pacifiers. Pacifiers are mom replacement devices. Babies have a biological need to suck constantly and that need is supposed to be met at the breast. They also have a natural instinct to want to always be close to their mothers.

How old is she? If you MUST get things done, a sling or wrap would be helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)