Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Manually expressing!!! Help

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
Some may find this weird but I have a stye and was reading that breastmilk can help cure it. The problem is I've been now breastfeeding for 20months (my son nurses about 6x a days) and my breasts dont leak like they use to. So the only way I can think of getting milk out is by hand expressing. Ive never done this and dont know how. Any advice
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommyO2-6631
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM
They have videos on youtube??
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Youtube "Marmet Technique". :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
We suggest using breastmilk for EVERYTHING in this group! :-) I agree with the YouTube suggestions.
I was able to hand express until almost a year ago when my son was 4 1/2. I was VERY sad when I couldn't even get a drop anymore. I used my milk for everything, especially my face for my acne.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyx2BG
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Thanks ladies, I was able to find my pump and pumped out an ounce. I don't want to jinx myself but it has been less than 24 hours since I applied the breast milk and the pain is all gone and the stye has disappeared. I noticed within a few hours of first applying that the pain decreased as well as the size of the stye. Absolutely Amazing
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Breastmilk is AWESOME! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninastone
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Breastmilk for acne treatment?! Oh.My.Gosh. You just changed my life. 

Quoting aehanrahan:

We suggest using breastmilk for EVERYTHING in this group! :-) I agree with the YouTube suggestions.
I was able to hand express until almost a year ago when my son was 4 1/2. I was VERY sad when I couldn't even get a drop anymore. I used my milk for everything, especially my face for my acne.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM
YES!!! I used it for over 4 years! I was so sad when I couldn't get any more out last year. :-(
It doesn't work for everyone.

Quoting ninastone:

Breastmilk for acne treatment?! Oh.My.Gosh. You just changed my life. 

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Quoting Mommyx2BG:

Some may find this weird but I have a stye and was reading that breastmilk can help cure it. The problem is I've been now breastfeeding for 20months (my son nurses about 6x a days) and my breasts dont leak like they use to. So the only way I can think of getting milk out is by hand expressing. Ive never done this and dont know how. Any advice

I'm very intererested in this!  Can you point me in the direction of any lit on it?

Mommyx2BG
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Just Google it, I don't have any one particular website that I referenced. Its amazing

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Quoting Mommyx2BG:

I'm very intererested in this!  Can you point me in the direction of any lit on it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)