Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My booby hurts :/

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 12 Replies
Today my son didnt eat from 1 ish to 5iish no biggie right but for what ever my left breast hurts like a mother! I thought since my right breast was the last he ate its probably from engorgement and if i put him on the breast it will go away. well its hasnt and still hurts what is it and what can i do about it. EDIT:so this morning i feel sick i have a fever body aches headache and booby still hurts :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ali840
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Is it red, hot, streaky? Does the nipple hurt? Is there a lump?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmama11212
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Not red hot streaky nipples are fine well theres a lump but ive been having it since i was 4 months pregnant got it checked out by biopsy(though on that breast after the biopsy it hurt like a mother)and nothing its just some fat and and now my son is almost 5 months and its never hurt better at all!

Quoting ali840:

Is it red, hot, streaky? Does the nipple hurt? Is there a lump?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ali840
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Sounds like mastitis. Do not stop nursing, go to dr. I think they treat it with antibiotics. Sorry I was offline all day, how are you doing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ptitchou
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM
You NEED to nurse nurse nurse. Rest and nurse. Dangle nurse. Clear out the duct. Nurse nurse nurse. Hot compress can help. Then nurse more. Antibiotics aren't necessarily required. But NURSE NURSE NURSE!

Did I mention that you should nurse? ;)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I was going to ask how your breast feel in your fever post. I would def call a dr and get in. Sounds like mastitis to me.
proudmama11212
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Im okay now alot better my left boobie hurts still but im still breastfeeding on that breast more often

Quoting ali840:

Sounds like mastitis. Do not stop nursing, go to dr. I think they treat it with antibiotics. Sorry I was offline all day, how are you doing?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmama11212
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Yes got it :) ive been nursing all day well except one time hubby fed hiim cause my dear son kept hittiing my left boobie hard

Quoting Ptitchou:

You NEED to nurse nurse nurse. Rest and nurse. Dangle nurse. Clear out the duct. Nurse nurse nurse. Hot compress can help. Then nurse more. Antibiotics aren't necessarily required. But NURSE NURSE NURSE!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmama11212
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Yeah it still hurts but im feeling alot better

Quoting shortyali:

I was going to ask how your breast feel in your fever post. I would def call a dr and get in. Sounds like mastitis to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexanMomOf6
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Make sure to change his body angle each time he latches in order to help clear the ducts. Nurse using football hold.  Lay on the bed on your side so he can nurse "longways" too . Do not skip the sore side. It will make matters worse. I had mastitis. Go to the Dr asap. I think I used a hot pad too. It was 27 years ago so the recommendations may have changed. lol... 

Ptitchou
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM
You're nursing him on the left boob... right?

Quoting proudmama11212:Yes got it :) ive been nursing all day well except one time hubby fed hiim cause my dear son kept hittiing my left boobie hard

Quoting Ptitchou:You NEED to nurse nurse nurse. Rest and nurse. Dangle nurse. Clear out the duct. Nurse nurse nurse. Hot compress can help. Then nurse more. Antibiotics aren't necessarily required. But NURSE NURSE NURSE!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)