Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laws in Indiana & Ohio

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
Who knows their breastfeeding laws? Im driving through Indiana and staying in Ohio for the next couple days and need to know if I can nurse openly in public or do I need to be covered? I know Illinois and Wisconsin Im allowed to nurse wherever however and can call the cops on anyone who asks me to cover up, leave or stop.

Hope someone knows, I can't find it plain and simple and Im mobile. Thanks in advance my boobies lover thanks you too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
shortyali
by Alicia on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Indiana Ind. Code § 16-35-6 allows a woman to breastfeed her child anywhere the law allows her to be. (HB 1510)

Ohio Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 3781.55 (2005) provides that a mother is entitled to breastfeed her baby in any location of a place of public accommodation wherein the mother is otherwise permitted. (SB 41)

Your fine to nurse wherever, however in both states.
Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Thanks! Sometimes laws are made for the best! :) i guess sometimes our congressmen(and women) do work. Haha

Quoting shortyali:

Indiana Ind. Code § 16-35-6 allows a woman to breastfeed her child anywhere the law allows her to be. (HB 1510)

Ohio Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 3781.55 (2005) provides that a mother is entitled to breastfeed her baby in any location of a place of public accommodation wherein the mother is otherwise permitted. (SB 41)

Your fine to nurse wherever, however in both states.

stacy2607
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:17 AM
I live in Ohio..u can nurse anywhere in public here...i nurse my 13 month old DD , uncovered whenever she is hungry no matter where we are..
VintageWife
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:22 AM
I'm in IN and nurse everywhere!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)