Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Screw the cover!

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 18 Replies
3 moms liked this

BF uncovered for the first time in public today! It was so much easier... Still a little uncomfortable for me, but hey... It's only my own discomfort that I have to get over!

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyHourglass
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM

woohhoo good job! lol

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Yay! Awesome, I hated my cover, was super psyched when I learned how to NIP without it. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Kyla on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Ya! It so much more awkward grabbing your big neon sign cover and trying to be discrete. It feels like as soon as you pull it out everyone is staring. No one even notices when I bf without a cover!
LilliansMama27
by Candy on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Yay! My dd hates the cover so I have ditched mine too :)

Radellia
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Quoting ceckyl:

Ya! It so much more awkward grabbing your big neon sign cover and trying to be discrete. It feels like as soon as you pull it out everyone is staring. No one even notices when I bf without a cover!

I don't know if less people noticed, but I certainly felt less on spotlight! Without the cover I felt like I was focusing more on my son than the people around me, like we were in our own little world... Funny how I felt more secure when being more exposed!

ceckyl
by Kyla on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the more practice you get the less people notice. The other day I walked around the grocery store bfing ds in the ring sling and literally no one knew. Except dh.

Quoting Radellia:

Quoting ceckyl:

I don't know if less people noticed, but I certainly felt less on spotlight! Without the cover I felt like I was focusing more on my son than the people around me, like we were in our own little world... Funny how I felt more secure when being more exposed!

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I actually nip with DD in s ring sling in church, in choir, and the choir director was also a LLL Leader-- she didn't even realize what was going on!
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm due with #3 in a week. I hope I feel comfortable enough this time! I bought nursing tanks to try the two shirt method. I'm going to give it a go in the hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I wish I could do the 2 shirt method but I have a hard time with it so I always cover in public. DD hates it, I hate it, I just can't do without the cover though =[

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Yay! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN