Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Holy cow!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 23 Replies
So......did an "unofficial" weight check on Miss Mags yesterday which out her at 14.6lbs. Checked her (unofficially again) today on my mom's scale and got her at 14.3lbs!!!!!!

So, I think it's safe to say that she's around 14lbs now.

She was 7lbs 2oz at birth, and has had NOTHING but breast milk. She just turned 3 months last Sunday!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Awe that's awesome. My Gabby weighed the same at birth, but she was slow to gain in the beginning.
McM0609
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Thats awesome. Yaay for breastfeeding.
LilliansMama27
by Candy on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM

That's awesome! Isn't it amazing to think all she's had is breast milk?! My dd will turn 3 months on Wednesday and she's "unofficially" 15 lbs! (8.7 at birth). She's pretty long too, already 2ft! I think she's going to be a tall girl :) 

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Woohoo!! Love those chunky nursing babies :-) my dd2 is 7 months and weigh 22lbs :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM
The thing that cracks me up now though is that I was soooo worried for a bit. At 5 weeks she was 10lbs, and then only 10lbs 9oz at 9 weeks. Now she put on almost FOUR pounds in just over a month!!!!
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
What kind of scale was it? I wouldn't trust anything other than a baby scale. She's gained a ton already, though. :-) Don't freak out when she slows down in gain since she has already gained 7 months worth in 3 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sama2Mamma
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Wow you go baby girl!
My 12 month old only weighes 18lbs. (Born a month early)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM

New Message

My big girl <3
JenB1983
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM
It was just two different bathroom scales.....doing the inaccurate weighing myself, then with holding her. Lol That's why I said it was "unofficial". Lol

Quoting aehanrahan:What kind of scale was it? I wouldn't trust anything other than a baby scale. She's gained a ton already, though. :-) Don't freak out when she slows down in gain since she has already gained 7 months worth in 3 months.
Crob4
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I'm always in awe of babies who gain so quickly on breast milk. I guess my girls are just slow gainers. Dd2 was 10.1 at birth but she's only 19.6 at 15 months. Still totally healthy, but I'm kinda jealous of the rolls poly babies:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN