Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Can my breasts be too small to BF?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 55 Replies

So I know this could be a stupid question, but it's a legitamate concern I have. I was an A cup before pregnancy, and now am a small B cup. I haven't grown much, but some. I'm just worried that if they don't get that big when my milk comes in, there won't be much milk in there for her. I haven't even leaked any yet and I'm 31 weeks.

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Brugger
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM

No, your breasts can not be too small to nurse your baby =] No worries!! 

piwife
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Hun I didn't leak any milk with any of my 3 kids. I have small boobs and I have oversupply. Remember boobs are not storage units. I have friends that have triple D boobs even higher and they have supply issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Size doesn't matter. Your breasts are factories and not storage. It helps to look at it that way. You make milk on demand.
Take it from a mom with an F cup, I would kill (not really commit murder but you get it, lol) for a B cup or even a smaller C. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JulesFairy
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Not to small to nurse. My very good friend was only a full A cup and managed to nurse all of hers just fine. I swear sometimes it seemed like she had it easier then I did since I kept feeling like my DDDs were gonna smush the baby. I never did manage to figure out hands free nursing but she was a whiz at it.
Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I am a double A usually when I am not pregnant (I mean, there is literally no breast at all when I am training hard) and I have so much milk I have oversupply and have to block feed. During pregnancy, I go to a B and to a C while nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theatrelover86
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM
i felt that same way with nursing my son. my F's were suffocating him lol

Quoting JulesFairy:

Not to small to nurse. My very good friend was only a full A cup and managed to nurse all of hers just fine. I swear sometimes it seemed like she had it easier then I did since I kept feeling like my DDDs were gonna smush the baby. I never did manage to figure out hands free nursing but she was a whiz at it.

Analugojana
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM

It is possible but relatively rare to have inssuficient glandular tissue. Breast size does not matter. I was an A cup myself, a B after gettinog pregnant and I'm ebf at 5 months. Big breasts mean more fat, not more milk producing cells! If storage capacity is a bit lower than your baby will lnurse more often but you will produce enough for him/her. A good latch is very important and then watch for diaper output and weight gain.baby behavior and pumping output are no indicators of milk supply. And worrying doesn't help either. I NEVER leaked before my milk came in.

coffeemom37043
by Dare on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:14 AM

What is block feeding? (I'm a first time mom so I have no idea about this stuff lol)

Quoting Cleo07:

I am a double A usually when I am not pregnant (I mean, there is literally no breast at all when I am training hard) and I have so much milk I have oversupply and have to block feed. During pregnancy, I go to a B and to a C while nursing.

Analugojana
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Feeding from the same breast several times and onlt then switching to the other. Because milk is not removed for longer periods of time it tends to slow productin (supply and demand, no demand, no supply). 

Quoting coffeemom37043:

What is block feeding? (I'm a first time mom so I have no idea about this stuff lol)

Quoting Cleo07:

cerainwondrland
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this
I was hardly an A before kids. Now I'm sitting here nursing my second and I'm about a B =) our boobies can make milk no matter how small.

Before I had my first my friend with giant boobs told me I was too small and since I wasn't Leaking I wouldn't be able to nurse. Lol she never nursed her kid with those big tatas but I've nursed two now with my mosquito bites
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN