Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6m solids!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:18 PM
  • 40 Replies
He hated it. His pedi wanted his first food to be poultry so he had chicken. He spit everything out of his mouth and looked disgusted. But was fun to squish :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asaffell
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM
3 moms liked this

I would try avocado or banana first, honestly. Meats come closer to 9 or 12 months for us.

MamaToCollin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM
That's what my son did when we started at 7 months. He really didn't start eating until 10 months.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bear.katten
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM
What?!?! Ohh these pedi's!!! You should have done a fruit or veggie not meat! wth?!
PEEK05
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Same for my first two. Third is not old enough yet to even try (only a month old lol), but I imagine it will be the same.

Quoting MamaToCollin:

That's what my son did when we started at 7 months. He really didn't start eating until 10 months.

bear.katten
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM
8 months is the EARLIEST I have ever heard of meats being recommended.. I cant believe a pedi would say 6 months and for the very first food!

Quoting asaffell:

I would try avocado or banana first, honestly. Meats come closer to 9 or 12 months for us.

turttlemom
by Nayelli on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:45 PM

My son is 8mo, he is on daycare, daycare lady says he eats very well, but when he is with me doesn't eat to much either purees or chopped veggies/fruits. He didn't go to daycare last Thursday and Friday  due sickness, and today they gave me a bad behavior report because he didn't want to eat and spit out everything they tried, also asked me if I did feed him at home.

I do feed him, but just if he is interested, I don't force him just offer it.

fortressmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

@turtlemom: Your 8 month old got a bad behavior report??  That is the funniest thing I have heard out of daycare in a long while:)  I can't imagine sending home behavior reports when I ran the infant nursery before my oldest was born.

OP I would probably have flipped out if chicken was my first food too. That is an odd thing to tell you to use first. What was the reasoning behind it? Avocado is much better to introduce first IMO.

MonicaV1982
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:37 AM

The AAP now recommends meat as a first food. http://www.internalmedicinenews.com/fileadmin/content_pdf/ped/archive_pdf/vol43iss11/70296_main.pdf --- ignore the statement that breast milk is insufficient by itself after 6 months.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Never heard of meats first. Wow things changed, lol.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:55 AM
Meat is actually recommended as a first food now.

Quoting bear.katten:

What?!?! Ohh these pedi's!!! You should have done a fruit or veggie not meat! wth?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)