Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What do you call nursing?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM
  • 99 Replies
2 moms liked this

I've heard a lot of people call it "milkies" or just "milk" and even "nurse". I don't know what to call it for when I nurse my son and if he starts talking soon what we should call it? So I guess looking for ideas and what word you use?

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by Nicki on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow I've never even considered this. This will be my first time nursing until talking, I guess I need to start thinking of this too.

illegallyblonde
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is 14 months and does the sign for milk when he wants to nurse. Sometimes I ask him if he wants milk and he signs it. We'll probably keep it like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AshSpringer
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM
When I'm talking to my son I ask him if he wants milks or momma milk. Sometimes I ask him if he needs boobie time. I call it nursing when talking to my hubby or anyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Denisethedaring
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

"Nursing."  lol, I'm boring. 

Britania
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I ask him if he wants to nurse. I don't see a reason to make up a name for it. I'd rather have baby learn the right term right from the start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdysonsMommy12
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I say they are getting ninny. That way it doesn't sound horrible if they say it lol.
PEEK05
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I always just say "nurse." My 4 year old tells me to "nurse the baby" every time she cries lol. She heard me call it "nurse" when my 22 month old was born too.

ashleydavis
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM
For some reason my daughter started calling them ta ta's when she was about 18 months.....she nursed until 31/2 and has refereed to them as that since so now my 2 year old son calls them that too. I don't know where she got it because we never called them that......lol. But it's cute.
clusterkid
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanks to my 5 year old we call it FOOB Time! Food and boob mixed together.
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM
We say breast. Like, "mommy, I want breast." But when talking about it, I say nursing. Like, "when he nurses... Etc"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)