Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

if you feel uncomfortable NIP or will not NIP .....

Posted by   + Show Post

I have seen many women who will not NIP or still feel weird about it.

Here is a free online course to help you!

When i was a first time mom i would have loved this!

http://gentleparentinfo.com/BadassPublicBreastfeeder.html

:)

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Replies (11-15):
armyslpbaby
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I have been successfully breastfeeding my first for 2 months now but I just don't feel comfy with nip and its not something I'd like to do. I usually end up looking for a fitting room, nursing him in the car or I pump ahead of time and bring a bottle for him. Kudos to women who can do it though! I don't see anything wrong with it, but I don't feel right doing it myself 

CafeMom Tickers
Luv.My.Soldier
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I just started following her on Facebook and she is such an inspiration. I'm 4.5 mths into breastfeeding(3rd baby but first bf'd) and I just cannot get comfortable nip. Not bc I'm ashamed or embarrassed, but bc I have an INSANELY forecful letdown(which ia also quite painful) that still causes my son to choke and pop off more often then not. It is damn near impossible for me to be discreet, no matter what techniques I use. I personally could care less what ppl think, but when I know my nipple is very likely to be displayed for numerous ppl to see(and not to mention the breastmilk sprinkler system that accompanies the OAL) I opt to sit in a dressing room or the car. Not to mention my son is VERY distract able right now, often flinging his head up to look around before I can even realize I'm exposed lol. For now, I'm content to nurse in private, though I do hope soon he will be able to handle the flow better so we can quickly nip without a show ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM

These are the things I do. 

Quoting armyslpbaby:

I have been successfully breastfeeding my first for 2 months now but I just don't feel comfy with nip and its not something I'd like to do. I usually end up looking for a fitting room, nursing him in the car or I pump ahead of time and bring a bottle for him. Kudos to women who can do it though! I don't see anything wrong with it, but I don't feel right doing it myself 

rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Thanks for sharing.  I'd LOVE to know how to wear and nurse.  My son gets so distracted tho that is why I no longer NIP :/

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing! 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)