Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

swollen nipple help please!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:21 AM
  • 9 Replies

For the past two weeks nursing on my right breast has been miserable!! It feels like daggers are being pushed through my boob when my son nurses. He is six months old and we havent had latch issues since he was 2 months old. I was looking at it today to see if it had blisters or cracks but it is really swollen. What could cause this? Any advice onhow to get this to make this better.

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Just swelling? Anything else visible? What is swollen...nipple, areola, breast tissue, some combination of the above? Warm to touch? Any redness anywhere on breast? Any fever or not feeling well? Babies mouth look normal or does there seem to be white on tongue (not the typical bm coating)?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katiesing
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM

it is just my nipple. I did notice it is cracked just a tiny bit. Also my sons mouth looks totally normal. I have no fever, breast is not hot or red. It is very sinsetive almost painful to touch.

katiesing
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:39 AM

i mean my nipple is sensitive almost pinful to touch not my breast

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Sounds like me when we had thrush, DSs mouth looked normal too. When I nursed DS it felt like I had a shark latched on even though Cruz had no teeth at the time. OUCH! Think we've got it again and it really sucks this time because I'm 14 weks pregnant and my nipples are getting extremely sensitive. :-( Good luck mama!
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Does he have any teeth yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiesing
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM

no he doesnt have any teeth. I had thought thrush at first but dont you get white blister like spots with thrush?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Thrush can be present with ZERO signs in baby. I don't look for white spots because of that. From what you describe, it really sounds like thrush.

mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Oh no... This sounds like what I started feeling this afternoon. Just pain upon latch.

She is almost 7 months. She's been pulling my nipple the last few days, not every feeding- but when let down doesn't come fast enough. But the last few nights, she's been staying on the breast almost all night, so I wondered if that may have something to do with my pain... It's just minor...

Fluke or thrush? I'm freaked out!

Sorry to hijack your post!! This was not something I had considered!
katiesing
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:52 PM

its ok. Come to find out i have a clogged poor in my nipple and breast. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)