Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To all of the struggling BF'ers..

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:44 AM
  • 8 Replies
5 moms liked this

Just reading through a lot of the posts here has given me so much respect for a lot of you.

I've had some pretty great luck BF'ing, no major hiccups or anything. Reading some of the struggles a few of you ladies go through makes me very thankful for that. I don't think I'd be as tough as you. I think I would have quit. I'd like to say I'd stick with it and keep at it, but in all honesty I'm not sure if I would be able to. I don't know how some of you do it, but you're really amazing.

Just wanted to share, you ladies are a true inspiration.

clapping

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
birdiemom
by Allison on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Yes! I am 13 months in and haven't had any problems. Reading posts have given me inspiration, and confidence to continue nursing. I'm sure I wouldn't have made it this far without this group!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! It's hard work but I want the best for my little man. I'm not sure if mine was one of the posts but we have lots of struggles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wolfybaby
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:51 AM

i had a rough start, but i valued the massive benefits of breastfeeding, so i really stuck to it. if only i had known back then that virtually *all* of my problems could have been fixed by simply nursing *more*! :P

mastitis was by far the most painful. 

having to use a nipple shield, then weaning off of it, was probably the most challenging. 

justone_jen
by Jen on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:03 AM
:) Kudos to the dedicated mamas!
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Agreed, we've had a few minor hiccups, but nothing compared to a lot of the mamas here. I probably would've given up if I faced some of these ordeals, I've definitely been inspired by those pushing through! Way to go mamas!!!! :-)
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I see so many give up that the moms who keep going make me so happy!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Yep!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I see so many give up that the moms who keep going make me so happy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM
if it wasn't for this group, I would've quit. no major issues, just wasn't educated enough. I got lots of support here and this Monday will be four months and going strong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)