Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Reflux or something more serious?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 11 Replies
For the past couple days my lil man hadn't been nursing very well. His stomach is gurgling and when it does he'll flinch and cry out. I've tried tummy drops, I've burped him but all that helps is me rubbing his belly. (For long periods of time).
He's almost 1 and never had many issues (just ear infections) which I think he might have another one because he's been picking at his ears again. But he won't sleep won't nurse acts like he's hungry and wants food food so I give it to him and then he gets plugged up Che I ally poope yesterday and I thought that was his prob (his as smells like death!!!) but that didn't help :/
Any advice or should I call the dr? Please and thank you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Teething?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think reflux develops at 1.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Sounds more like he's getting too much solids or is eating something he can't quite tolerate yet and it's causing stomach pains. Nothing you described sounds like reflux and I've never heard of it just randomly developing like that. I'd try to decrease the solids a bit and up his nursings. If he's getting constipated, he needs more liquids, breastmilk is a natural laxative. :)
IansMommy2012
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I hadn't thought of that to be honest. I mean he's been trying to teeth for ever it seems like but the screaming and constant crying is really getting to me :(

Quoting larissalarie:

Teething?
IansMommy2012
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I've decreased now completely stopped all solids for a couple days now thinking that was it :/ but he won't nurse :/

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Sounds more like he's getting too much solids or is eating something he can't quite tolerate yet and it's causing stomach pains. Nothing you described sounds like reflux and I've never heard of it just randomly developing like that. I'd try to decrease the solids a bit and up his nursings. If he's getting constipated, he needs more liquids, breastmilk is a natural laxative. :)
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Have you changed your diet, or had an unusual amount of any one food?
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Or is it possible that he has thrush? Kellymom.com has an article with pictures.
IansMommy2012
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Nutella? I had like almost two containers in two weeks ? I know slightly obsessed with it lol I'm in love haha could that really be the problem?!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Have you changed your diet, or had an unusual amount of any one food?
IansMommy2012
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM
No we don't have thrush. That I know what it looks like lol we had it for almost 4 weeks when he was 2 weeks old :/ we couldn't get rid of it. It was bad lol

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Or is it possible that he has thrush? Kellymom.com has an article with pictures.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I bet that's what it is and maybe hitting a growth spurt too.
My youngest started teething at 5 weeks but didn't have teeth actually come through til like 8 months. Once they were right thereby the surface finally, he got infinitely more miserable there for awhile.
Maybe try giving him whatever you're comfortable using for pain relief and see if he acts any better.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

I hadn't thought of that to be honest. I mean he's been trying to teeth for ever it seems like but the screaming and constant crying is really getting to me :(

Quoting larissalarie:

Teething?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)