Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

help pls ..

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:04 AM
  • 31 Replies
How did you wen your child from bf? My son is 10months but I'm also pregnant and my milk is changing. He don't want it he just bites my nipples. Also he wont take a bottle formula or even real milk. Helpful tips anyone ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ninjascreenname
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Bump. Your milk is real milk- cows milk is for baby cows. Have you thought about teaching nursing manners? I know someone else will have better advice than me....
CANDI90
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this
When I said real milk yes I was meaning cows milk. I'm not looking for sarcastic answers. I need real advice ...

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Bump. Your milk is real milk- cows milk is for baby cows. Have you thought about teaching nursing manners? I know someone else will have better advice than me....

Journeysmama11
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:18 AM
1 mom liked this

http://www.lalecheleague.org/faq/bfpregnant.html   <-This one is about nursing while pregnant.

http://kellymom.com/ages/older-infant/nursing-manners-2/  <_ This one is about nursing manners...which I am going to go read myself since my son likes to hold my nose while he eats...lol! :)

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:19 AM
:( I wasn't be sarcastic. But I hope you get the help you're looking for.

Quoting CANDI90:

When I said real milk yes I was meaning cows milk. I'm not looking for sarcastic answers. I need real advice ...

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

CANDI90
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Oh sorry I thought you were. Its been a long nite.. but thx I hope so too because his doctor didn't help much..

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Quoting CANDI90:

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

CANDI90
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha my son does that too. Thanks I will go read it now :)

Quoting Journeysmama11:

http://www.lalecheleague.org/faq/bfpregnant.html   <-This one is about nursing while pregnant.

http://kellymom.com/ages/older-infant/nursing-manners-2/  <_ This one is about nursing manners...which I am going to go read myself since my son likes to hold my nose while he eats...lol! :)

oliver92
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I totally let each child wean themselves so I am unsure, I did have a biter, but a quick no and removal took care of that.  OUCH OUCH that is painful. sorry no help, but hang in there...

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:46 AM
That's cuz doctors are pretty much worthless in the area of infant nutrition.

Quoting CANDI90:

Oh sorry I thought you were. Its been a long nite.. but thx I hope so too because his doctor didn't help much..

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Quoting CANDI90:

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM
For the first year of a baby's life their primary nutrition should come from breastmilk or formula, solids being for fun with tastes and textures. Getting pregnant before the baby's first birthday puts you in the position where you risk losing your supply and need to supplement with donor milk or formula. I would cut back on or cut out solids. If he's hungry he will both nurse better (though he may not be getting enough milk any way) and take a bottle of formula/donor milk (at this age just start with a sippy cup). Cow milk will not yet provide the nutrition he needs.
CANDI90
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Ya I know. You know what she told me " give him a dose of tylenol or motrin this will help put him to sleep so he wont need to nurse"

Quoting audmom1218:

That's cuz doctors are pretty much worthless in the area of infant nutrition.

Quoting CANDI90:

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Quoting CANDI90:

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN