Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

New Mom...HELP!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:27 AM
  • 14 Replies

My Baby girl serenity will be 3 weeks on monday and Shes doing this new thing everytime i feed.

Ill be feeding her for a while maybe 20 almost 30 mins and she'll start pulling herself off my nipple and then opening her mouth searching for my nipple so i re-latch her and she pushes herself off me. so i stop and try burping her, she burps, the she starts kicking me in the stomach and trying to climb me all while searching for my nipple by my ear. and she starts tripping out with her tounge out so i try and re-latch her and she just fusses and licks my nipple puts it in her mouth and spits it out! its driving me crazyy!! :/

crying

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Huh, I've never experienced that. *hugs* here's a bump for you.

Have you looked at kellymom.com?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Welcome to the 3 week growth sput. This is the 1st test of your bond. If you don't eat her or toss her out a window then you bonded, lol. Her wanting to nurse forever and trying to see just how far she can pull your nipple all are signals for your body to change the milk up some. Good news is it doesn't last forever.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:50 AM
It's normal. When it really irritates you, stop nursing for a few minutes and then start again in a different position. That's what worked for me a year ago and what works for me now whenever my little guy is annoying me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSince2005
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:07 AM
1 mom liked this

that's what my baby did. she didn't want boob anymore. it was frustrating trying to figure it out. but i had to introduce the pacifier. My baby refuses to use me as a pacifier. she doesn't know what to do with the milk that comes out and gets mad when she doesn't want anymore but still wants to suck. it also meant my baby was done and tired. 

KelleyKat13
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:43 AM

i wanna cry :/ everytime i stop she screams bloody murder! 

ususally duting the day its fine and we bond and i love it, but at night is when she starts acting up.

amc103
by Alli on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Growth spurt! Im in the same boat with my 3 week old son! Just ride it out, momma! It will be over soon....at least that's what Im telling myself! LOL!

shilohsmommy215
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:30 AM
My daughter did the same exact thing and I couldn't stand it. I thought she was not eating enough. But its normal probably a growth spurt. She will get better soon. Just relax and follow her lead
ali840
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:26 AM
it's very common for them to be extra fussy in the evening, too. Just ride it out. GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Analugojana
by Christine on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM

This. Do not give a pacifier yet. It is a growth spurt and your body needs to get the signal. Take short breaks when you feel like tossing her out the window. Do some skin to skin in the fussy period, sing to her, rock her, talk in gentle voice and let her use you as pacifier. She will learn to stop sucking if she doesn't want the milk. My DD used to bang her face against my boob around 5 weeks to make it stop. It was sooo funny.

Quoting amc103:

Growth spurt! Im in the same boat with my 3 week old son! Just ride it out, momma! It will be over soon....at least that's what Im telling myself! LOL!

--
'I made an agreement of peaceful coexistence with time; neither it pursues me, nor I run from it; one day we will find each other.' (Mario Lago)
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Growth spurt and clusterfeeding! It will pass mama, she's signaling your body to make more milk :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)