Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

*rant* She said what?!

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:59 AM
  • 62 Replies
2 moms liked this

Awhile back I was out shopping when I saw a mom out with her newborn baby. The baby started fussing and she didn't feel comfortable nursing in public so she told her friend "formula feeding is so much easier." WHAT??? I wanted to walk up to her and say "girl are you insane??" How is bringing a bottle of formula easier? It has to be mixed and doesn't keep for long once it's prepared. Breastmilk is always the perfect temp and amount and is the perfect portable food! Ugh, I just know there are moms out there who formula feed simply because they think it's "easier" or more "convenient." ffs More moms need to be educated about breastfeeding.

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I've done both and formlua feeding was certainly easier in some ways.  

Not everyone will see the same things as easy.  Breastfeeding, what with the clogged ducts, mastitis, latching issues, over (or under) supply issues, cracked nipples, etc. -- not always easiest.  

beachlove512
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Well I can understand that because I've dealt with all those issues. BFing was never easy for me until DS was a few months old. I could never get him to latch until he was 6 weeks old and up until that point I was EPing. I think that mom said formula was easier because she was embarrassed to nurse in public and thought it would be easier to get out a bottle instead. She could have gone somewhere private and covered up if it bothered her or brought a bottle of breastmilk.

Quoting anxiousschk:

I've done both and formlua feeding was certainly easier in some ways.  

Not everyone will see the same things as easy.  Breastfeeding, what with the clogged ducts, mastitis, latching issues, over (or under) supply issues, cracked nipples, etc. -- not always easiest.  

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Breastfeeding for me took a while to get used to but once I did, it was loads easier than feeding him from a bottle, whether it was formula or breastmilk. Now I am a pro at it!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this

FFing is easier if you are worried about what others think about you, you like others to take care of your child rather than you, or you like to be away from baby

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:09 PM
6 moms liked this

Ease is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I dont thinkanything WORTH doing is EASY. Parenting sure as heck isn't. If you want easy, get a virtual goldfish! Infant feeding is the least of the challenges ahead.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the only way ff feeding would be easier in my oppinion is because other people can feed your baby & you can get a break like to sleep. For me I can honestly say it would be nice to have one night off to sleep. Other than that I can't think of any other time it would be easier to ff.

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey! Taking care of a virtual goldfish is HARD! :P

Quoting gdiamante:

Ease is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I dont thinkanything WORTH doing is EASY. Parenting sure as heck isn't. If you want easy, get a virtual goldfish! Infant feeding is the least of the challenges ahead.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beachlove512
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Agreed. I bottle fed DS bm for the first 6 weeks and I lost sooo much sleep. Waking every two hours to warm milk and stay awake while feeding baby wasn't easy. I also hated washing bottles and making sure we had enough milk while we were out. The only time I ever liked using the bottle was when DS would get hungry in the car. I'm not talented enough to breastfeed a baby in a car seat ;)

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Breastfeeding for me took a while to get used to but once I did, it was loads easier than feeding him from a bottle, whether it was formula or breastmilk. Now I am a pro at it!

Beccahairlady
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't imagine having to wash bottles,mix formula, etc...

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I have a friend who never tried to bf but keeps telling me "if she did" she would only pump and give bottles cuz she doesn't want baby to be attached all the time cuz it's so much work. I love how she has all the answers after never trying!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN