Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

12 months and bottle or cup issues

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

So my baby is 12 months and I never really tried giving her a bottle or cup. She nurses 5 times a day and eats some table food. I have tried just giving her a sippy cup or bottle with water and she doesn't know what to do with it--just chews on the tip. But I haven't really given it much effort. So what is the best way to try?. I haven't given any cows milk (obviously since she doesn't take a cup...), should I start with that? I don't want to wean fully, but would like to be able to leave her for a day and have a sitter. Advice? 

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM
No need to cows milk, just nursing and water in a cup or breastmilk. Its ok if ahe doesnt quite get what to do with it yet and just chews it, its a learninf experience :) maybe try a nubby sippy cup?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beachlove512
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

DS is the same way. He absolutely refuses bottles and sippy cups with milk in it but he will take a sippy cup with a little water in it. Have you tried giving her a cup of breastmilk (w/o a lid)?

beachlove512
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Forgot to ask, are you giving her a sippy with a hard or soft spout? DS won't take one with a hard spout but loves his nuby with the soft tip.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Don't worry about it. Just keep offering the cup and she will get it eventually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM
She'll get the hang of it sooner or later. My son still plays with his sippy most of the time, but he does drink some. I'm looking forward to when he starts using a straw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN