Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I love you guys! Hate giving advice anywhere else

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

I end up pulling myhair out trying to help anywhere else.  Everyone saying giving 6 oz bottles and tons of rice cereal to help baby gain weight drives me batty.  Even on the kellymom page on FB!! Drives me batty when soemone is like cereal is a great food to start with but give prunes or juice with it because it will stop them up...DUH if you have to give them something to unstop them, maybe you shouldnt feed it to them!! IF baby is having a nursing strike you may want to consider its the 6 oz bottles with medium flow nipples given between nursings from a SAHM that did it!!

I love that usually when people come here and ask for advice people give correct info and people are willing to accept fact based info!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabens
by Miranda on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I know! I've stopped even trying so many other places because m told I don't know what I'm talking about. It's very frustrating

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Ditto to that! Love this group!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Omg my bfs grandma suggested putting cereal AND baby food in pumped bottle andgiving it to Autumn to help her gain weight since I refuse to give "just as good, and better" formula. Mils gf said dont u dare girl. No bottles, keep her on your boob!!! Get that tie clipped and she ah good to go.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I love this group. I know I ask soo many questions andget on everyone's nerves (sorry) but I glad I did. This group saved me from giving formula and saved my daughters life. And im not exaggerating.
xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:20 PM
People keep telling me to give cereal to ds because he isn't gaining. I had to tell my uncle on Easter that just because his kids had cereal at 2 weeks doesn't mean it's right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Im on the kellymom site on fb too and some of the info I read on there even makes me scratch my head lol

Im * this close to never even talking about bfing except in this group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM
sorry I was so evil the other night
I dont think you are annoying- though I may act that way

Quoting mama-smurf:

I love this group. I know I ask soo many questions andget on everyone's nerves (sorry) but I glad I did. This group saved me from giving formula and saved my daughters life. And im not exaggerating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I had to turn off my notifications for that grooup..most likely gonna leave it....cant take the crap

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

Im on the kellymom site on fb too and some of the info I read on there even makes me scratch my head lol

Im * this close to never even talking about bfing except in this group.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I deserved it.

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

sorry I was so evil the other night

I dont think you are annoying- though I may act that way

Quoting mama-smurf:

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
We love and value your advice! Seriously if it wasn't for you and the other ladies in this group we wouldn't even be nursing. We would have failed right out of the gate!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)