Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I love you guys! Hate giving advice anywhere else

Posted by   + Show Post

I end up pulling myhair out trying to help anywhere else.  Everyone saying giving 6 oz bottles and tons of rice cereal to help baby gain weight drives me batty.  Even on the kellymom page on FB!! Drives me batty when soemone is like cereal is a great food to start with but give prunes or juice with it because it will stop them up...DUH if you have to give them something to unstop them, maybe you shouldnt feed it to them!! IF baby is having a nursing strike you may want to consider its the 6 oz bottles with medium flow nipples given between nursings from a SAHM that did it!!

I love that usually when people come here and ask for advice people give correct info and people are willing to accept fact based info!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
Eliots_momma
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I hate it when someone asks for advice, then argues when you give them appropriate advice bc you didn't say what they wanted to hear.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Pumping is different for everyone. Tabi trained herself to respond to the pump because she works and needed to be able to leave milk while she was gone.
You are definitely feeling your letdown now. You can letdown many times while she's nursing. I never felt my letdown while my son was nursing. I felt it other times. I never knew how many letdowns he got.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Oh wow. See, I tried pumping but nothing came out

Quoting tabi_cat1023:I could never feel multiple letdowns when nursing, though I had them, but when pumping I would get 2-3

Quoting mama-smurf:So I got done feeding Autumn not too long ago for like 35 minutes and after wetting a diaper and pooing she feels heavy, also I think I can feel my letdown im not sure. When she nurses I get this numbing sensatiom from top of my breasts all the way to my nips. And as soon as it gets to my nips I hear this splashing sound and Autumn starts taking big gulps. How many suppose to have? Sometimes I have 2 or 3 a nursing session.

Quoting aehanrahan:Not at all! We're here to answer any and all questions that you (and anyone else) have to help and support you in this journey!

Quoting mama-smurf:I love this group. I know I ask soo many questions andget on everyone's nerves (sorry) but I glad I did. This group saved me from giving formula and saved my daughters life. And im not exaggerating.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
But to mention how much changes.

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Love this group! I have learned so much. When it has been 6 years since you breastfed a child...you tend to forget some things. Lol

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Oh wow. Iincredible. Sorry im very irritated right now in pain. I was nursing Autumn and she unlatched and scratched my aerola and nipple so now im in pain and bleeding amd afraid to nurse because of the pain and blood. I just cut her nails. And she's spitting up a lot.4 or 5timss today.

Congrats on a good job tabi. Come train my boob to respond. I wanted to donate.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Pumping is different for everyone. Tabi trained herself to respond to the pump because she works and needed to be able to leave milk while she was gone.

You are definitely feeling your letdown now. You can letdown many times while she's nursing. I never felt my letdown while my son was nursing. I felt it other times. I never knew how many letdowns he got.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:I could never feel multiple letdowns when nursing, though I had them, but when pumping I would get 2-3

Quoting mama-smurf:So I got done feeding Autumn not too long ago for like 35 minutes and after wetting a diaper and pooing she feels heavy, also I think I can feel my letdown im not sure. When she nurses I get this numbing sensatiom from top of my breasts all the way to my nips. And as soon as it gets to my nips I hear this splashing sound and Autumn starts taking big gulps. How many suppose to have? Sometimes I have 2 or 3 a nursing session.

Quoting aehanrahan:Not at all! We're here to answer any and all questions that you (and anyone else) have to help and support you in this journey!

Quoting mama-smurf:I love this group. I know I ask soo many questions andget on everyone's nerves (sorry) but I glad I did. This group saved me from giving formula and saved my daughters life. And im not exaggerating.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Put your milk on it to help it heal.
Is your letdown forceful now? Have you tried reclined nursing? It can help the spitting up.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Oh wow. Iincredible. Sorry im very irritated right now in pain. I was nursing Autumn and she unlatched and scratched my aerola and nipple so now im in pain and bleeding amd afraid to nurse because of the pain and blood. I just cut her nails. And she's spitting up a lot.4 or 5timss today.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting mama-smurf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Forceful? It almost chokes her in beginning but now she gulps fast and takes lot of breaths . I tried laying bqck but its hard for her to stay latched on. She doesn't spit up when nursing, its inbetween feeds. She just spit up, silently, all over bopy pillow. Watery and looked like tiny bit of cottage cheese, my poor baby. Im thinking she overstuffed herself?

Quoting aehanrahan:Put your milk on it to help it heal.
Is your letdown forceful now? Have you tried reclined nursing? It can help the spitting up.

Quoting mama-smurf:Oh wow. Iincredible. Sorry im very irritated right now in pain. I was nursing Autumn and she unlatched and scratched my aerola and nipple so now im in pain and bleeding amd afraid to nurse because of the pain and blood. I just cut her nails. And she's spitting up a lot.4 or 5timss today.

Quoting aehanrahan:Pumping is different for everyone. Tabi trained herself to respond to the pump because she works and needed to be able to leave milk while she was gone.

Quoting mama-smurf:Oh wow. See, I tried pumping but nothing came out

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
if it wasn't for this group, I would've quit a long time ago. you ladies kept my sanity and now we're 4 months and going strong! I'm now loving and proud to bf my son.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Do you have a link to info about poops? Autumns diaperpoo looked kinda dryish, seedy and smelled like vinegar

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting mama-smurf:

hapababies
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I hate the passive aggressive responses. They ask a question, a proper response is given, and then they respond defensive with "I guess I'm just a bad mom then". GAAAAHHH! They asked advice in an Internet forum and go straight to "I'm a bad mom" because you gave advice different from what they were expecting.

Quoting Eliots_momma:

I hate it when someone asks for advice, then argues when you give them appropriate advice bc you didn't say what they wanted to hear.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM
The choking and gulping are signs of forceful letdown. It causes her to take in air and then to spit up later.
Here is the poop link.
http://drjaygordon.com/pediatricks/general/poop.html

Quoting mama-smurf:

Do you have a link to info about poops? Autumns diaperpoo looked kinda dryish, seedy and smelled like vinegar

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting mama-smurf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)