Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Wow

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 22 Replies
I'm so pissed my daughter went to the doc today. She's 8lbs 14oz 21.75"
So she 2% for weight 10% for height
I told my mil an she tryin to tell me their gonna take my daughter away for how small she is at 2.5 months. An tellin me she starving an has to go on formula.
Her doc said she's healthy an strong. Just on the petit side
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FarmGirl2B
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM
If your doc isn't concerned, then baby should be fine. Do you trust MIL not to report you to CPS?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by Sarah on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Um, your MIL is an idiot.  I would sit down and explain how percentages work - someone has to be 2% and someone 98%... It's math.  I would do it really condescendingly too because I can be an ass like that.

also I would ask her how formula, at 20 cal/oz, is better than breastmilk, at an average of 22 cal/oz. 

shortyali
by Alicia on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Mil is on. Need to know basis. She just needs to know dr says DD is fine and that's it. I have to be like this for my whole family.
HunnyBabie
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM

@OP: This.  Another thing that came to mind based on this was: who do you trust more, your MIL or your DD's doc?

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

If your doc isn't concerned, then baby should be fine. Do you trust MIL not to report you to CPS?

@ FarmGirl2B: Like your avatar.  Is that a pic of you pregnant and a baby's ??? foot? pressing out?  (I'm not sure how to word this; I know when I was getting close to delivery with each of the four of mine, it looked like Alien. lol)

cowgirls10181
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM
All of mi e are on the 10% or less, dr says we need to watch dd2 weight because she didnt gain for 3 months, but during that time she also discovered how to walk. Shes now 17 months and still on the 5% arch! Nothing is wrong shes just small.
19_mommy
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea she won't do it.

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

FarmGirl2B
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Just a random pic I saw in an email about 12 years ago. :)

Quoting HunnyBabie:

@OP: This.  Another thing that came to mind based on this was: who do you trust more, your MIL or your DD's doc?

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

@ FarmGirl2B: Like your avatar.  Is that a pic of you pregnant and a baby's ??? foot? pressing out?  (I'm not sure how to word this; I know when I was getting close to delivery with each of the four of mine, it looked like Alien. lol)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Some people are just small. Being @ 2 & 10% shows there are babies at her age that are even smaller. My daughter is tiny and perfect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clemency3
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Yea your MIL clearly doesn't know how to keep her opinions to herself. I often worry about my daughter's build too but my doctor says, "Well most children now a days are over weight so when other adults see her they think she is starving." I wouldn't listen to your MIL as long as her weight is more than what it was when she was born that is all that is necessary. 

19_mommy
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Well she also never had a breastfed baby so she don't know how they grow. My daughter was5lbs 15oz 18" at birth she is growin fine almost 3lbs an almost 4" sense birth

Quoting norwgnwood:

Some people are just small. Being @ 2 & 10% shows there are babies at her age that are even smaller. My daughter is tiny and perfect.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)